Thread: Eastwood Warren Ellis tenor with whammy bar?

Default Eastwood Warren Ellis tenor with whammy bar?

I've just looked at a post on the Facebook 'Tenor Guitar And Baritone Ukulele Players' group. There is a nice pic of a group of Eastwood tenor guitars, including one with a whammy bar. Had to ask the question: 'Will they be generally available?' And the answer was 'In December I believe'. Does anyone here know anything more about this?

Default Re: Eastwood Warren Ellis tenor with whammy bar?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10516719_10153042779542802_4842690342010349525_n.jpg 
Views:	1002 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	122886

That looks like a 6 string bridge to me. Same approach we took on my JazzTenor. I'd think that if Eastwood would be going production with this, it would be a 4 string bridge. I would like a shorter trem bar like that.
    Charlie Jones

Clark 2-point #39
    Rigel A Natural

Yes it does look like a 6 string bridge ...width wise anyway. Hope it does get a production run with a 4 string bridge. Who made your jazz tenor? I'd be interested in seeing a pic of it.

Ah I see now; that's what the search facility is for ...an Almuse? Pete is just down the road from me; will have to pay him a visit one of these days

It's a great instrument, the JazzTenor. Pete really threw himself into it and went the extra mile to meet (actually exceed) my expectations.
    Charlie Jones

Clark 2-point #39
    Rigel A Natural

5. The following members say thank you to mando.player for this post:

How do you find the tremelo bar? I'd be a little concerned that it would be too easy to push the strings out of tune when fretting because the bridge is floating? I'm trying to coach myself to have a lighter touch on the electrics; I've been using lighter string gauges since I received my 17" scale electric tenor mandola from John Mixson. I used to have a very heavy set on my old Stewmac electric, which probably caused me to develop a heavy touch. I do need an electric tenor guitar soon though
    Last edited by mandelect; Aug-21-2014 at 10:13am.

My god, that's a lot of signature models for someone who's basically a violinist!

Quote Originally Posted by mandelect View Post
    How do you find the tremelo bar? I'd be a little concerned that it would be too easy to push the strings out of tune when fretting because the bridge is floating? I'm trying to coach myself to have a lighter touch on the electrics; I've been using lighter string gauges since I received my 17" scale electric tenor mandola from John Mixson. I used to have a very heavy set on my old Stewmac electric, which probably caused me to develop a heavy touch. I do need an electric tenor guitar soon though
    The floating trem is setup pretty stiff. When I first took possession of the JazzTenor, Pete had it strung a little light. With that setup I would physically push the strings sharp. I swapped them out with a slightly heavier set and that was a much better fit for my playing style. The trem doesn't really come into the picture unless you want it to
    Charlie Jones

Clark 2-point #39
    Rigel A Natural

9. The following members say thank you to mando.player for this post: