Thread: Kevin Macleod - Highland Strands

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Kevin Macleod - Highland Strands

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    Kevin Macleod - Highland Strands

On his 4th solo recording "Highland Strands," Kevin Macleod plays Scottish traditional music on mandolin, bouzouki, cittern and resonator tenor guitars.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: Kevin Macleod - Highland Strands

This should be wonderful listening for people who love Scottish traditional music. The personnel involved come from some of Europe's top traditional bands.

Thank you Ron, you can find out more on my new website, where there are galleries of film videos and photographs too. And you can get full cd copies from me that way too, signed as well, if required. Cheers, Kevin

http://www.kevinmacleod.co.uk
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Aug-07-2014 at 8:02am. Reason: fixing broken link

4. The following members say thank you to kmmando for this post:

Hi Kevin,

Since the Edinburgh folk scene is not huge, I'm guessing you must know Nigel Richard, bagpipe maker and folkie. I met him out here in Thailand last year. His chorro (or whatever it was) created a stir in the blues bars where he was hanging out with mandolin blues player (and Cafe member) Bert Deivert.

Yes Ron you are right, he's an old pal, a great fellow, tremendous pipe maker and musician. That would have been a great session! My cousin lives permanently in Changmai. Maybe I'll visit him one day, and we can catch a tune too! Best wishes, Kevin

7. The following members say thank you to kmmando for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by kmmando View Post
    Yes Ron you are right, he's an old pal, a great fellow, tremendous pipe maker and musician. That would have been a great session! My cousin lives permanently in Changmai. Maybe I'll visit him one day, and we can catch a tune too! Best wishes, Kevin
    If you ever do get out here, be sure to drop me a line in advance.

ron

9. The following members say thank you to Ron McMillan for this post:

It's a long way, but never say never!

http://www.kevinmacleod.co.uk
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Aug-20-2014 at 6:57am. Reason: fixing broken link

Kevin, that is one sweet as honey, clear-as-a-bell sounding mandolin on the tune "David Glen's Pipe Reel. What is it? I'm also curious about what strings you had on it. The tune is also quite glorious. I think I will learn it.
    Explore some of my published music here.

—Jim

Sierra F5 #30 (2005)
    Altman 2-point (2007)
    Portuguese fado cittern (1965)