Thread: Looking for a jam in.around Charlottesville, Va.

Default Looking for a jam in.around Charlottesville, Va.

I'm looking for a friendly/fun open jam in/around Charlottesville, Va. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
    "A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to leave alone."

Default Re: Looking for a jam in.around Charlottesville, Va.

Quote Originally Posted by David Smith View Post
    I'm looking for a friendly/fun open jam in/around Charlottesville, Va. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
    Check in with Pete Vigour at www.vigourmusic.com. I think they are still getting together every Monday evening.

Check out a March 4 thread in this forum re a jam in Ashland. bb

David, there's a weekly old time jam, Mondays 7:00pm sponsored by Charlottesville Friends of Old Time held in the common room at the Unitarian church on Rugby Rd.. A lot of folks will be at Clifftop this week but there's usually around 15-20 people there, very welcoming group. If you need any other information feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemianbiker View Post
    Check out a March 4 thread in this forum re a jam in Ashland. bb
    Aaah, my apologies, that is closer to Richmond, not Charlottesville. Link below. bb

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...Time-amp-Irish

I'm getting ready to move to Charlottesville as well (will be starting a new job there in a week or so). I'd also be interested in anything you find. I contacted Pete Vigour who shared the following:

"Charlottesville has a lot of music for a town its size. I attend an old-time jam every Monday at 7PM at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial Church, Rugby Rd. See CFOOTMusic.org.

Pete Marshall of the Mando Mafia has a great radio show on Fridays, 4-6PM, WTJU 91.1. I think alternate Fridays. Often features local live groups.

This Saturday is a Mountain Music Festival at Wintergreen resort feauring local bands and jamming in the afternoon.

Rapunzel's in Lovingston has a regular Wed. jam. Waynesboro on Tuesdays, 7-9PM, at the Unitarian Church.

Many good local bands, like the Get Rights, play at the Southern on the downtown mall. Good place to meet bluegrass, rock, acoustic players.

Piedmont Fiddle and Banjo Assn. meets in Fluvanna County, Beaver Dam Church, first Monday of the month, large bluegrass jam."

We're also still trying to figure out where to settle. While this won't completely frame our decision (I think that will be my wife's call!), its good to know where I can find people to get together with.

If you happen across some good get togethers in the area, please let me know. I'm looking forward to joining the C'Ville music community.