Thread: Help me with these chords (one Black Crowes song)

Exclamation Help me with these chords (one Black Crowes song)

All, I have figured out the lead for this but my buddy and I who are both pretty well rounded players on guitar (and me on mandolin) cannot for the life of us wrap our ears the chords to the Black Crowes song "Garden Gate" and we'd really like to be playing it. Would anybody with a better ear be willing to help here? There are no resources online for this song, no clear videos of them playing it, anything. Thanks!

Song link: http://youtu.be/dEllVRwOXVA

Default Re: Help me with these chords (one Black Crowes song)

Check this out. Hit the "play" button and it'll play the song and give you the chords. This was auto-generated and a little oversimplified, but it'll get you in the ballpark.

http://chordify.net/chords/black-cro...opellegrinelli

If the link doesn't work, it's E major with a B major near the end of each phrase.

What I do with a song like this is what you did, learn the lead and get a feel for it, figure out the basic chords, and then play with other inversions to try to get the chords to follow (or counterpoint) the melody and add tension/resolution at appropriate points in the song.

3. The following members say thank you to Marty Jacobson for this post:

Hey thanks! That worked great!

Blog Entries

That is kind of a cool program! They mention the possibilty of lifetime memberships but I do not see a fee for that. Marty are you a premium user or did you just enter the song URL with free membership as a demo? Are there other competing programs like this that you know of?
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

I have only used it twice. I heard about it on here and was quite skeptical. You can use it for free, but once it's processed you can send the link to anyone. It is pretty cool, but on something more complicated it starts to have a little trouble. I wouldn't try putting DGQ's "Fish Scale" through it... :-)

I think the best use is the auto-tracking of the chords along with the song. Great for learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Jacobson View Post
    Check this out. Hit the "play" button and it'll play the song and give you the chords. This was auto-generated and a little oversimplified, but it'll get you in the ballpark.

http://chordify.net/chords/black-cro...opellegrinelli

If the link doesn't work, it's E major with a B major near the end of each phrase.

What I do with a song like this is what you did, learn the lead and get a feel for it, figure out the basic chords, and then play with other inversions to try to get the chords to follow (or counterpoint) the melody and add tension/resolution at appropriate points in the song.
    I just stumbled on this site last night and was going to post it here but you beat me to it. Pretty good tool.