Thread: Well:

Default Well:

At 62, a first, having two mandolins at the same time. How's that for keeping MAS in check? And some praise for the Mandolin Store. I purchased a 504 and would like to say Dennis and staff did everything they said and advertise. I already have a 615 and love both mandos, I feel like I got really lucky with both models.

Dan ( formally (Dtb)

Default Re: Well:

An oval hole and an F hole mandolin. I can't understand how anybody can be a mandolinist without having at least one of each. Good on you from a fellow 62 YO.

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

Blog Entries

Enjoy it!

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

I is, and after 10 or so days I put the 504 under the mic last evening and did a little recording. And although I have researched and seen all the threads about the sound difference in recording a 5 and an oval, if surely became apperent in the studio.

Dan

I had what i thought of as the 'perfect duo' with my Weber "Fern" "F" style & "Beartooth" "A" style,but unfortunately,the Beartooth had a warped neck & i parted with it. However,to this day,it was one of the most powerful mandolins i've ever played,
    Ivan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0424.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	118541
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

well, I can't say for upper end boxes, but these two Eastman's I own do all I can ask and more. And I will always brag of how both stay in tune. Which as any mandolin person can attest, is a plus to the max.

Dan

Bark first, Bite later Steve Zawacki's Avatar

The 504 is a blast. Just finished a fun 90 minutes sitting in the back yard with the 504, a cold one and warm weather.
    ...Steve

Current Stable: Two Tenor Guitars (Martin 515, Blueridge BR-40T), a Tenor Banjo (Deering GoodTime 17-Fret), a Mandolin (Burgess #7). two Banjo-Ukes and five Ukuleles..

The inventory is always in some flux, but that's part of the fun.