Thread: Tabledit and Mandolin Module

Default Tabledit and Mandolin Module

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, please redirect me if necessary.

I'm using the latest/greatest TablEdit, the free version but registered. When I bring in a .tef file from Mandozine site for example it show a module with instrument as mandolin or some such. However, if I start with a blank sheet and look for a module or try to create a module there doesn't seem to be any midi for mandolin. Lots of other instruments, even some very bizarre ones, but no mandolin. So it seems to be necessary to go each time into the Score menu and Instrument and re-create it from the default guitar settings, selecting 4 strings, setting the notes, etc.

I'm thinking that there is a way to have TE come up with the mando module as a default. I'm remembering that I used to have it that way but after some upgrade or another that seems to have all vanished. Then again maybe that was just some brain cells that vanished...

Any guidance from any TE/mando folks appreciated.

Alan D.

Default Re: Tabledit and Mandolin Module

Hmm, I don't seem to have that problem. Every time I open the program, it defaults to the last .tef file I had open. Then when I choose "file"-"new", it selects "mandolin GDAE" as the default instrument.

Default Re: Tabledit and Mandolin Module

Interesting! I just did an upgrade and all the mandolin stuff went away. I tried searching in the midi stuff and no mandolin. But then I opened a .tef from the mandozine site that already had the mando defined, then closed it. I went back in and it opens a blank sheet as guitar. But if I now go to File New, the mandolin named module that was in the mandozine site .tef now shows up as an option and is also my new default.

So, the lesson here seems to be that an upgrade wipes all the previous info you might have had, but you can get it back by opening and closing some other .tef.

Anyway, I seem to be good to go in that regard. Now I just have to restore all my environment stuff like the fretboard, etc.

Thanks for the help Tobin!
    Alan D.