Thread: Ossipee Valley String Camp, Hiram, Maine, July 20-24

Default Ossipee Valley String Camp, Hiram, Maine, July 20-24

I know it's kind of early but what the heck -

Ossipee Valley is hosting a string camp featuring Joe Walsh as mandolin instructor, also Brittany Haas and Lauren Rioux as fiddle instructors. There will also be instruction in guitar, bass, and banjo. This camp is just prior to the Ossipee Valley Music Festival which will run from July 24-27. Purchasing a string camp ticket gets you a pass to the music festival. From personal experience the camp sites for RVs with water and electric hookups are very good and there is lots of rooms for tenters.

http://www.ossipeevalley.com/index.p...ee-string-camp

Default Re: Ossipee Valley String Camp, Hiram, Maine, July 20-24

Anyone else going to String Camp? I'm very excited about this! I was bitten by the mando bug at last year's Ossipee Valley festival...started taking lessons in Sept. Now I'm getting ready for their 1st String Camp and it sounds like we campers will get a chance to kick off the festival on Thurs. afternoon on the Main Stage. How cool is that? To think that a year ago I'd never even held a mandolin! Hope I see some of you there!
    Playing:
    Morgan Monroe MM100-SB
    Eastman 605

That looks really cool, Joe Walsh is one of my favorite mandolinists! Unfortunately I'll be away then, but I might do it next year.

4. The following members say thank you to Marc Ferry for this post:

String camp was great! It was very nice to hang out with such a talented group of people all in one location. I especially liked that Mike Block was there, too. I also got Sierra Hull to sign her album for me. Good times!