Thread: Capo for Eastman mandocello.

Default Capo for Eastman mandocello.

Maybe sacrilege to some, but have smaller older hands and need a good quality capo. Have several of the every day variety but need a little better quality one. Has anyone used pickups from Cover The World ?

Default Re: Capo for Eastman mandocello.

Not familiar with them. I use a Shubb on my 'cellos (an Eastman and a Dell'Arte), and have had no problems with either instrument. What do the "Cover the World" capos look like? (Link?)

Or are you talking about pickups? (Your post is unclear.) I have a "Pick Up The World" pickup installed in one of my OMs (at my luthier's suggestion), and it works fine.
    EdSherry

Sorry should have been a separate issue. Cover The World is pickups for acoustic instruments. Maybe my capos are just roosting.

I use the kyser brand big clothes pin style for guitar on mine. Easy to take on and off one handed, and clips on the headstock when not being used. I also use heavier than stock strings on my Eastman 'cello. It has a radiused fretboard, like most of today's guitars, so any good guitar capo will work.

Never used PUTW pickups; I've been very happy with an internal JJB PPS 220 twin head in all my instruments, including mandocello.

Sorry again. It is Pick-up The World. Should have gone to bed early.. My Keyser works the best but get dead strings at times. Saw a video somewhere of a guy playing a m.c. with what looked to be a little larger, heavier capo.

Gibson F5L Gibson A5L
    Blog Entries

If money is no object you can have Elliot hand machine you one to your specifications. Shubb makes an excellent capo for general use. R/
    I love hanging out with mandolin nerds . . . . . Thanks peeps ...

I think a capo is totally appropriate for longer scaled instruments, in fact, necessary at times. Marla Fibish told me she uses a capo on her mandola all the time.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."