Thread: Mandolin player Ft Worth / Weatherford area

Default Mandolin player Ft Worth / Weatherford area

Well I'm going to try again to see if there are any mandolin players that are interested in Classical music and European folk music here in this area ,love classical and Bulgarian music , English and Irish ,would love to find others out there that want to get together and practice and talk about music and learn new stuff so if there is anyone out there in Texas land that finds this interesting respond ,you can be great or not so great a players but its the trying that pushes us forward .
    steven shelton

Default Re: Mandolin player Ft Worth / Weatherford area

Steven

I don't know a mandolinist in your area that is interested in the European folk music but I have a good friend, Dr Chris Grooms, that is an exceptional guitarist and is an authority on Welsh folk music and folklore. He is giving a public lecture on the Arthurian legends at the Allen Public Library on Thursday March 6th. I know it would be quite a drive from where you live but if you want to meet a very accomplished musician that has the same interest as yourself, this would be a great opportunity. You should bring your mandolin along. He might bring one of his guitars. He has arranged several Welsh melodies for the guitar. Here are some websites:
    http://engagedpatrons.org/EventsExte...EventID=199044
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gc_3...mYBpNZhbMxROjA

I'm in FtW...but am a total beginner....soooo...lol

Total beginner is good to , that's the best way to learn and if you are up to it we could start on some easy tunes let me know if you are interested , I learned to read music by playing tunes so let me know Steven
    steven shelton

I am new to the Mandolin Café Forums. I live in Willow Park, Texas so I am pretty close to you. I play mostly Irish and contradance tunes, a little Old Time but not much if any bluegrass. I do play classical guitar but only worked out one classical tune for mandolin.