Thread: Missing/Stolen Mandolin from Philly Folk Fest 17 Aug 2013

Blog Entries

Default Missing/Stolen Mandolin from Philly Folk Fest 17 Aug 2013

This message is circulating on FB I thought I would post it here.

"This my my dear friend JC Bell. His Mandolin was lost in the Folk Fest parking lot Sunday Evening! The mandolin is a Model F5. Though it says "The Gibson" on the headstock, it was actually made be Earl Moretz of North Carolina. The label on the inside says F5 Copy, Earl Moretz, NC #3. The #3 means it is the third mandolin, so it is a #3 mandolin with no other serial number attributed to it. On the fact of the mandolin, there is a little bit of wear on the finish below the strings where ( if it were designed as such) a pick guard would generally be. You can just see what i am talking about beneath my hand in the picture. It has stickers for numerous bands including the Jersey Corn Pickers on the case. If found look up JC or tell me! I will make sure it is returned. JC is understandably despondent over this, it was owned by his grandfather!
    Someone out there has it, we need to get her home ASAP!! Share and keep your eyes out!!"

Here's a photo of him with it... not the best but hopefully I can get another photo, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jcbell.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	105938

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Default Re: Missing/Stolen Mandolin from Philly Folk Fest 17 Aug 2013

Thanks for posting this Jamie. It means a lot and I have not had any word on it yet.

JC

"This my my dear friend JC Bell. His Mandolin was lost in the Folk Fest parking lot Sunday Evening! The mandolin is a Model F5. Though it says "The Gibson" on the headstock, it was actually made be Earl Moretz of North Carolina. The label on the inside says F5 Copy, Earl Moretz, NC #3. The #3 means it is the third mandolin, so it is a #3 mandolin with no other serial number attributed to it. On the fact of the mandolin, there is a little bit of wear on the finish below the strings where ( if it were designed as such) a pick guard would generally be. You can just see what i am talking about beneath my hand in the picture. It has stickers for numerous bands including the Jersey Corn Pickers on the case. If found look up JC or tell me! I will make sure it is returned. JC is understandably despondent over this, it was owned by his grandfather!
    Someone out there has it, we need to get her home ASAP!! Share and keep your eyes out!!"

Here's a photo of him with it... not the best but hopefully I can get another photo, too.

Name:	jcbell.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	105938

Jamie[/QUOTE]

3. The following members say thank you to Joebell99 for this post:

Hi, thanks for the information. I just placed the add in the classifieds. Thanks!

JC

Blog Entries

Here's the photo he posted to the Classifieds lightened with better contrast.

Name:	70368.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	108506

6. The following members say thank you to Scott Tichenor for this post: