Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Czech jazz song "Klobouk ve krovi"

Name song "klobouk ve křoví" (Hat in the bush)

Music: Jaroslav Jezek (1906-1942)

arr: Ondrej Sarek

https://youtu.be/C1kVDgZDvXs
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Folk songs from Boskovice

for CGDA Mandola

Songs: Nechcu te, panenko 00:00; Korenec, Korenec 00:26; Kdyz sem byl malicky 00:44; Kdes tak, ma panenko 01:03; Joz, joz, joz 01:19; Jedlicko jedlova 01:34; Ja touto steztickou...
  3. Current state of the art flat top mandolin

This is my latest 4th generation flat top mandolin. This is the culmination of 12 years of work improving the sound of the flat top mandolin. It all started from the fact that it is possible to...
  4. Replies
    Views

for DAD Seagull Merlin

Songs: Zafokej, vetricku 00:00; V tom jarnim case 00:30; Sla babicka do Jevicka 01:06; Stoji borovenka borova 01:35; Sazela sem hrosko v homne 02:06; Povez mne, ma mila...
  5. Replies
    Views

How to pack an instrument for shipping

Tony Williamson put this video together for a seller who had no experience shipping a valuable instrument. We thought it was well done and had great information that it should be available to all for...
  6. Replies
    Views

for Mandolin

Songs: Zafokej, vetricku 00:00; Tam na te louce zelene 00:27; Svitila mne jasna hvezdicka 00:44; Stoji borovenka borova 01:03; Proc ten pansky mostek 01:20; Povez mne, ma mila panenko...
  7. Noting the anniversary of this feature.

Noting the anniversary of this feature.
  8. Replies
    Views

Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

It took a good long while and more wheeling and dealing (and spousal apologizing) than I've ever done, but I've managed to put together a full Lyon & Healy Quartet.

All are player grade - the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Duet: Kdyz jsem sel z hub

Music Jaroslav Jankovec
    Morce Stavitel: Melodica, Timple Canario, Ukulele and Mandolin
    Ondrej Sarek: Plectrum Banjo, Mandola, Tres Cubano and Melodeon

https://youtu.be/RJYJTye1BvA
  10. Re: Paul Hostetter's website is available ....

I didn't know Paul was from the Detroit area (before my time) and that he'd taught at Fava's - where I studied classical and jazz guitar in the 70s. Fava's was "The" place.
  11. MP3 of the Day - Man Masth Hua by Two Macha from the album Two Ma

MP3 of the Day

From the Mandolin Cafe MP3 Library.

Song title: Man Masth Hua
    By: Man Masth Hua by Two Macha from the album Two Macha
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Demonstrating a mandolin

The mandolin is gone so no reason for it to be public.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Demonstrating a mandolin

Here's what I do when I make a video to sell a mando: open strings, open chords, a slow doublestop harmonized scale on each pair of strings, a tune that uses all the strings--not played too fast, a...
  14. Replies
    Views

My engraving process

Hi everyone,

It looks like I joined back in 2016 but never posted.

I recently discovered the baroque mandolino and it’s fascinating music, so I have been lurking around here recently. I don’t...
  15. Replies
    Views

for Tres Cubano

Songs: Nechcu te, panenko 00:00; Ho naseho dvora 00:26; Jedlicko jedlova 00:55; Jora de na pivo 01:20; Joz, joz, joz 01:45; Kamaradko ma, copaks myslela? 01:59; Ktera je ta...
  16. Replies
    Views

Folk songs from Boskovice

The Boskovice region, located in Moravia.

for Tenor Guitar

Songs: Kamaradko ma, copaks myslela? 00:00; Jora de na pivo 00:19; Ja touto steztickou 00:34; Dala sobe v Sebetove 00:53; Ho naseho...
  17. Article: Sometimes the Case Tells the Story - Part 2

You can view the page at https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content/1017-Sometimes-the-Case-Tells-the-Story-Part-2
  18. Re: What are the chances that a moderately-priced mandolin sounds

A++?
    To me, I've heard maybe 5 or 10 mandolins that I would grade as A++, and none of them were moderately priced factory instruments (although some are rather old factory instruments that were...
  19. Thread: Art deco F5

by fazio
    Replies
    Views

Re: Art deco F5

Lately I’ve been making the smaller more decorative pieces including the headstock overlay, the fingerboard and the pickguard. The fingerboard inlays are actually green but they appear beige because...
  20. Re: Looking for a trusted Luthier in Pennsylvania

Also check with Vintage Instruments in Philadelphia.
    If they don't have someone in-house, they can refer you to someone who is competent.
  21. Replies
    Views

My latest Octave Mandolin

Here’s some photos of my latest Octave Mandolin. It’s off to The Music Emporium next week!211852211853211854
  22. No one should be under the impression because one...

No one should be under the impression because one person stepped up in a big way that the CBA Lending Library is flush with instruments. It's an in demand program and they also need banjos, guitars,...
  23. Article: Anonymous Donor Enters into Agreement with CBA Lending L

You can view the page at https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content/1012-Anonymous-Donor-Enters-into-Agreement-with-CBA-Lending-Library-The-Mandolin-Store-and-Eastman
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Most common failures and problems

(1) Poor setup. That includes nut too high or too low, bridge too high or too low, bridge in wrong position, bridge on backwards, intonation of saddle incorrect, truss rod needs adjustment, poorly...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Most common failures and problems

1. Mis-located bridge [on mandolins].
    2. Nut needs adjustment. On guitars, the bridge saddle also.
    3. Truss rod needs adjustment [note: in most cases, on well-made instruments, once...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4