Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Mandolin Under $500

That statement is fact. I am proof.
  2. Replies
    Views

Only $225 set up and shipped from Elderly: http://elderly.com/new_instruments/names/kentucky-km-150-mandolin--KM150S.htm.
  3. Replies
    Views

I've owned Eastman and it would be a fine choice . I ve played the km675 and km 630 and didn't think much of either tone wise ....but it may have just been those particular mandos. I've heard nothing...
  4. Replies
    Views

There are so many unknowns, Is the recipient already mandolin-proficient? If not, is a band member or other person availble for instruction? Is this "for personal fun" or for eventual band use?
  5. Replies
    Views

I was given a KM-150 as a gift from my wife several years ago. It is a great sounding and playing little 'A' model for the money.
    It costs less than the $500 budget you mentioned, but add a case, a...
  6. Replies
    Views

A D-Day Remembrance

On June 6, 1994, I was in France for a meeting, and watching morning tv on the 50th anniversary of D-Day. There was a story of an American lady, my age, who travelled to Normandy for the first time...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Take your best mandolin to the festivals?

When i go to festivals I usually take my National. The problem is that the level of jam etiquette varies widely cutting through gets your solos heard, though i must say if the jam is loud all the...
  8. Re: Scored My First Gibson F5 Mandolin: A 1994 Gibson F5L

Thanks Lee!

I think I will enjoy this mando immensely; it's definitely a "signature" Gibson.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Long Time; No See...

Thanks Mark, now that 'life' as it was, has sorted itself out I am going to head back into the tender embrace of music and playing again.

When I lived there, I went twice, the ex was NOT a fan...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Northern Ohio Mandolin Gathering Version 3.0

Hi Eric -

I'm new to Mandolin Cafe and am a beginner on the instrument, but very enthusiastic and looking forward to meeting other players. I work at Oberlin College, so Wellington is very...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Book Matching?

Hey, I'm usually a pretty good spelar.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando-inspired Haiku

A Guild of craftsmen
    Hamered by Fender execs
    To no Ovation
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando-inspired Haiku

Ovation death knell.
    U.S. factory died in
    a Fender bender.
  14. Replies
    Views

Northern Ohio Mandolin Gathering Version 3.0

Good Morning folks! It's that time of year again! In 2013, I hosted 2 mandolin meet and greets with fellow forum members and both times it was loads of fun. I would like to do it again on Sunday June...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Musical loners?

When you pick with extroverts, what happens? Blah blah blah, this guy I know, my surgery, the cable company etc. All night long. Around 3am, oh, I guess let's pick one.

I'm all for introverts,...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Orange Blossom Special on the Mandolin

It just gets better and better - I had no idea there were these video out there in YT land!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNh8D0cgpw
  17. Replies
    Views

OK this one is incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkWoNu8IVc
  18. Replies
    Views

Here is a pretty cool mandolin version of OBS with a bit of Rossini and the Pondarosa added in -- who needs a scroll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y16ApPSH3c8
  19. Replies
    Views

Orange Blossom Special on the Mandolin

Certainly high on almost everyone's list of fiddle tunes is the Orange Blossom Special written by Ervin Rouse in the late 1930's. Many consider this tune to be the fiddler's national anthem.
  20. Replies
    Views

Happy Easter!

No mandolin content...just Happy Easter! :)
  21. I have to brag a bit...my son's band met President Obama!

Sorry for the lack of mandolin content...but I have several of them! My son's jam band set up in their driveway to play across the street from where President Obama and Vice President Biden just...
  22. A Great, but Really Sad Song, With Some Good Mandolin Playing

I ran across this tune web-surfing. I know different things affect people differently, so you may not agree, but I think this is the saddest song I've ever heard. The background story below is from...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Sorensen Mandolins

. . . and here is a recording Randy did yesterday in his recording studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zza14jT8UzE

Dang! I wish that I could play like that ! ! !

Steve
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Fingerpicking Mandolin

What is obvious is that if you want to accompany your own vocals with your mandolin, a means of playing it soft enough is necessary. Ms. Gilchrist does it admirably.
  25. Replies
    Views

Will Kimble profile

The Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association magazine has my profile of Will in the April issue. PDF here.117557
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4