Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Capo Doubters

For those of you that see no value in using a capo I present this. I was replacing a latch on a case and had to rip the lining away from the case shell. When gluing it I realized I left the clamp out...
  2. Re: Having a beater mando vs a case that can take a beating

I've had some different "beaters" over the years and they all got sold because I never played them. I take my best mandolins everywhere I go in a Calton. These little boxes are tools for making...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Radius-ing the fretboard

Replacing a fretboard with a new, radiused fretboard is the most expensive way to do it. That would mean (i) removing the existing fretboard, (ii) trimming the new board to fit your existing neck,...
  4. Replies
    Views

One Year With a Collings MT.

I got my Collings MT for Christmas in 2014, but didn't actually take ownership of it till I made the trip from DFW to Austin in early Jan 2015 to pick it up from Fiddler's Green (all chronicled here...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: ticks at festivals....

I'm going to Wintergrass in a few weeks...if I get ticks at the Hyatt I'll be ticked off!!!

Kirk
    Portland, OR
  6. Thread: BlueChip Advice?

by pops1
    Replies
    Views

Re: BlueChip Advice?

I have tried a 60,50,40 and am now using a 35. There is nothing like a BC pick, but thickness depends on the brightness of your mandolin. Mine is warm and sounds best with the 35.
  7. Thread: Humidity

by sliebers
    Replies
    Views

Re: Humidity

Hi Steve,

I deal with humidity fluctuations all the time living in Minnesota. We get your humidity levels in the summer and desert dry in the winter. I acclimate my wood pieces before and during...
  8. Re: New Sierra Hull recording out in early 2016

Can't wait. I just happened to watch this video yesterday morning, in which she mentions the recording project.

http://youtu.be/RbIYjIcAbEo
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: I have been playing wrong all my life

You might try not worrying so much. What is a private lesson teacher for, anyway? It doesn't appear that you had to audition your right hand picking technique to get in. Congrats on making it into...