Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Howard and Jethro

I've been a fan of Howard Levy since I don't know when, allthough it might have started when Jethro himself said "Donnie you know who the best mandlin player is? It's Howard Levy! I'm just glad he...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: 1953 5 String Bigsby Mandolin

Score! I got the "Tarver" Bigsby Mandolin from Carter's Vintage Guitars. It's an incredible instrument. 151012
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip nut

Does Scott's server have room for the resulting threads? :)
  4. Replies
    Views

An Interesting Gibson Read....

Here ya go...

"Moody’s is giving a shout out to anyone who owns Gibson Brands’ corporate debt and letting them know that they consider the creditworthiness of the company as a whole (not just a...
  5. Re: Jordan Ramsey wins the mandolin competition at Winfield!

Friends, thank you so much. It still feels like a dream. I'm sitting in the air conditioning at a Mexican restaurant in Winfield eating carnitas and trying to let it sink in. Those of you who know...
  6. New mandolin store in Louisiana -- with Italian bowlbacks

No financial interest, but I am incredibly excited about this: a new instrument store, Southern Strings, has opened in southwest Louisiana that, AFAIK, has become the first USA store to carry...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield new pricing

Quick alert. Discussions of fair labor trade practices fall well outside the scope of this website and are in danger of violating Discussion Board Guidelines. This thread is doomed a short life if it...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolincafe Restoration Challenge

As this thread appeared again, I thought that I would give a bit of an update on where this mandolin has been and the sounds it has made. During the last four years, where has it been.... UK,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: An open letter to Classifieds users

What's not to understand or continue talking about?
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: An open letter to Classifieds users

Scott isn't looking for advice. What he did was post an open letter to those who use the Classifieds, specifically those that make tens or hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars and don't have the courtesy...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin tattoos

I got this a couple of months ago this is the first time I've posted a picture so I hope it works
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin tattoos

Very nicely done Scott.I'm as passionate about tattoos as these gibson folks are about their mandolins.That's one of the best tat's on this thread. That's about as perfect as it gets.Nothing amatuer...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: $750 Collings mandolin case at elderlys

Collings has bought thousands of cases from TKL over the years and no doubt passed on many customer complaints. Enough for sure, to think that a better case might be possible. Lighter weight, better...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: The History of Vintage Cases

This is the first time I've seen a vintage case with orange inside.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a pic of your cat sleeping in your case

I am sorry for your news today of Lover's passing. I know full well the pain this loss can inflict. Best wishes to all who will miss this beautiful friend.

Bob
  16. Re: Changes in availability of Weber Instruments

There is a lot of speculation here. The statement just said that they are going to stock the 23 best selling models, eliminate some models (that likely didn't sell well), and limit the customs...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Gold Tone mandocello -- thoughts?

Hey everybody, thanks for all of the feedback we've been getting so far.

At this point, we're still testing out prototypes, however, it will most likely have a pickup. Based on our mandolin sales...
  18. Replies
    Views

RIP Lee "Penn" Gwin

Many of us kept regular contact with fellow mandolin enthusiast and Corgi lover Lee Gwin. He hadn't been active recently in the forum, but he was well known for his Antarctic Adventures a few years...
  19. Re: How Marshall's Northfield Mandolins Became an International B

Hi everyone. I think you have to take this in the correct context --> we experiment a lot and sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. The comment in the article was written in the spirit of...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: What is the function of the body?

Let's reduce the amplitude of the ruffled feathers here, folks. We are often given insights (often with links to sources) into the physics of the mandolin. I won't pretend that I understand it all...
  21. Replies
    Views

February 18 Celebration

With great enthusiasm, I celebrate the Eighteenth of February; that is the date inscribed on the label of many of my very favorite mandolins. Today marks the birth of these mandolins, exactly 92...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: didn't know Vince Gill played mandolin

He plays quite well actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ0Ivih224Y
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: New Awesome iBook

Peter, with all due respect, you'll need to tone down your rhetoric.

At the risk of coming across like a bully, I will also point out that native Apple iOS applications are their own world and...
  24. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Re: Loar Picture of the Day

Here is an exceptionally nice July 9, '23 out of the "mid" batch of July 9's.

This is a mandolin that I was honored to procure for a very dear close friend. It has appeared in a few Gruhn/Carter...
  25. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Re: Loar Picture of the Day

Friends and Colleagues, it is amazing what retirement will do to one's lifestyle.

This is the first time I have been on the computer since I retired 3 months ago. Sure, a little...
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4