Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Remember that $199 MK mandolin from years ago?

https://youtu.be/HPW5KrGlbEQ

There she is in action. With way old strings to boot.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone do any busking? Is it fun?

Been saying this to bands for years. People love it when you actually bust it out lol
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New Band Finds to Share

https://youtu.be/5M1EGYtwsLI

The Kind Thieves, these guys and gals are my buddy's from WV. Check em out!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

https://youtu.be/FABH2PCWhk4

Purple rain from 1 year ago.
  5. Thread: My music

by Chanmandolin
    Replies
    Views

My music

Hello cafe! If this post breaks the guidelines in this forum...mods please delete.

Id like to share my music with the folks of the cafe because...well I make music for people to enjoy and hear,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Sam Bush Movie "Revival "

Spoke to Sam this weekend at Merlefest. He says they are having "copyright issues" with some of the music involved in the documentary. But...the plans are to release it to the public when are the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: If I Could Only Listen To One Player.

Yes ! Love Shawn. Looking forward to seeing them in just 2 weeks time! I noticed in a video recently Shawn wasnt playing the "dearstone", and it was a very noticeable difference
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: If I Could Only Listen To One Player.

Maybe not my #1 answer buy how come nobody talks about Shawn lane from Blue Highway on the cafe? He was one of my inspirations growing up. Always loved his tone and how he would shape the melody...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Any truth to sanding...?

I would like to thank everyone for their responses! Very helpful.

I should add...

The mandolin in question is not my main mandolin, more of a project.

It is also not a high end mandolin,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Leoswood Armrest

If this is true then great. I'll still never deal with him again. Horrible experience and possibly the worst customer service that I've ever dealt with. Finally paypal recovered my refund. He ignored...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Are they really worth it?

I love the Blue Chips. But I just started using these new dunlop picks and they blew my mind for the price. Less than $5 for a pack!
  12. Replies
    Views

Do you ever feel like...

You need a reset. I was having a practice session today and was starting to feel a little frustrated. So, I took the strings off my mandolin, cleaned the fretboard, cleaned the body of my mandolin,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Leoswood Armrest

I just wish he would answer his emails in a timely matter. I've waited/still waiting quite awile for a reply and he looks quite active on ebay.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Addario - Seeking Mandolin Beta Testers

Put mine on a couple weeks ago. Didn't last long. Maybe it's where I'm so used to Elixirs, but they just seemed like they had very little life in them. Dull and dead sounding to me. But hey, I...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Pete Rowan, Tony Rice, and..

Sharon Gilchrist on mandolin
  16. Replies
    Views

Bill Monroe Contract 1965

This could already be out there somewhere but i figured id share because I found it extremely cool. I played a gig in Clay City KY last night and this was hanging on the wall. A Monroe contract from...
  17. Replies
    Views

Scarlet Town- Thile & Mehldau

https://youtu.be/yEVnOgtJSY0

This should be fun...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: $199.00 solid F style mandolin

Thanks for the kind words. The track " Temperance Reel" was recorded a few months ago using my 04' Parsons A model. I belive the Parsons has a little deeper of a tone than the MK but it's not a huge...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: $199.00 solid F style mandolin

I know this thread has calmed down but I know some were wondering how the 199$ Mk sounded so, Heres a tune I recorded using this 199$ MK Mandolin. I think the mandolin is well worth the price.

20. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull IBMA

I do agree, but I'll say I'm a huge dusters fan and greensky. The dusters should still make the case for ibma. As well for steep canyon rangers. The steeps never get included it seems
  21. Replies
    Views

Sierra Hull IBMA

I've had this thought running around my head and wanted to see what some others thought.

No doubt Sierra is one of the best mandolinist on planet earth and she earned her IBMA Mandolin player of...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Lewisburg West Virginia

I did sit in playing mandolin and it's a shame we just missed each other.

The band was "The Kind Thieves" and I would have to describe them as a "jamgrass" act most of the time. The acoustic...