Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip meltdown

I am not a very good player, but when I switched from the random picks I'd gotten at Gryphon to a BlueChip CT 55, I could IMMEDIATELY see why these were renowned. Amazing, just felt right in every...
  2. Re: Feedback please: Menuet 3 by G.P.Telemann (arr. by John Goodi

So I probably won't post again with this "series", I don't want to clutter this part of the forum up too much, but I did end up recording the octave part today, which is here separately (and I'd love...
  3. Re: Menuet 2 by G.P.Telemann (arranged by John Goodin)

Sped it up a bit, a LITTLE more confident on the octave and did video form ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeyoWNrOaw8

Not very good, but I'm hoping to do a "diary" of progress as I learn...
  4. Menuet 2 by G.P.Telemann (arranged by John Goodin)

So, I've picked back up my mandolins in the last few weeks and am brushing up on fiddle tunes and have decided to work through John Goodin's transcriptions of G.P. Telemann's "Sept fois sept et un...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: What is this notation exactly?

This is going to take a while to make sound good. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLGFldcjPU0
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What is this notation exactly?

Good suggestion and it finally made me do this. Initially I did it in WMP as you suggested, but Audacity actually even gives better control.

Pretty sure the run is as people have said before with...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Time to change strings?

Just FYI, I still plan on changing the strings but as the mandolin has adjusted to the weather it has essentially "righted itself" and sounds OK, now. Apparently it's used to the rain :D
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Post A Picture Of Yourself

My new phoenix and I...

9. Re: MAS Evidence: my new Phoenix Neoclassical

Thanks! I think they sound more different in person (my amateurish recording skills aren't the best), but I agree. I liked my own LM-300 over a lot of more expensive mandolins, in person, which made...
  10. MAS Evidence: my new Phoenix Neoclassical

I went down to Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto to compare my Loar LM-300, which is the first mandolin I've owned, to other mandos to see if, now that I'm serious about the instrument, there might be one...