Search:

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Read Me First

The old Forum software has been reinstalled. But I wasn't done meddling just yet. I saw some things in the other version and decided they had their place here so changes have occurred in the...
  2. Replies
    Views

PLEASE READ: Server Issues ongoing

As most of you know, we had a serious hardware issue with the server last night around 7:40 p.m. that wasn't discovered for an hour because, well, we have other things like families, other interests,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: NAMM 2017 Anaheim

One of the unexpected highlights of the day, a chance to meet and chat briefly with legendary builder Andy Manson, originally from England but now making his home in Portugal. Everything on display...
  4. Replies
    Views

Something interesting at D'Addario. Just stopped to see if they'd made any changes to string packaging. Some employee is holding and playing an Eastman mandolin and asks me if I play. "Yes, I run the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Spend not a further moment worrying if Greg Rich still buys and wears some of the most (my opinion) hideous clothes on the planet.

6. Replies
    Views

Haven't seen many tenors but not particularly looking. Don't think Collings even brought one or if they did, I missed it.
  7. Replies
    Views

Gratuitous photo of one of the Coffin Case girls, always a part of NAMM. Chatted with her briefly and even though she plays the attitude in the photos she had a great personality and would chat with...
  8. Replies
    Views

Back to take pix of the new Eastman octave. Played it a bit and confirmed I'm pretty enamored with what they've done here.

9. Replies
    Views

This actually came by email from Collings while at the show, a common thing for companies to do, to highlight what they are showing off. Can't beat this photography. I did see and play this one...
  10. Replies
    Views

Few pictures. Just too hard to get decent shots at the show.

This is the headstock on the limited edition 20th anniversary Webers that will come out this year. Don't have the date.

The...
  11. Replies
    Views

Andy Manson is indeed here.
  12. Replies
    Views

Addendum: few people I saw today.

- Fletcher Brock, just cruising the show. Said 90% of his work these days is building octaves which is no surprise.
    - Saw the guys from Peghead Nation. Always...
  13. Replies
    Views

NAMM 2017 Anaheim

Just back from a day at the show and some pretty exciting new things coming along in the mandolin world.

My last meeting of the day was with Eastman. The big surprise there is a new short scale...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Article: Celebrating 21 Years on the Web

Not a shred of mandolin content but those interested in hiking are welcome to see what I was doing while this blog posting was being auto-posted. Spent three days off the grid this past Wednesday...
  15. Re: Here is a new photo I'd not seen before....

From 2007. Bunch of them here.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: A few easy Django tunes?

Wanted to make sure you got an answer to this. On a Friday night things tend to move down the queue quicker.

Sort of depends upon what Django era but I have a good idea for starters. I personally...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull IBMA

It's a member choice award. Nothing in the voting that addresses rules about words like "better," or some kind of talent rating system, etc. It's not an evaluation of who is best--that's an opinion...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull IBMA

We've been observers of the awards for years. Tip: its always been this way and it's not going to change so you might as well get used to it. The membership of IBMA is incredibly small (the quoted...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Loars for sale

Not unusual. This discussion only exists because of that ad, but Loar signed models move in and out of CVG all the time. In 2014 I wrote this article about a visit to the store when it was brand...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: collings vs northfield resale value.

The statement "Northfield don't actually make them .. they have a team of luthiers that do that overseas ( under exclusive contract ? )" and much of the rest of your post begs a description grounded...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: They are still out there!

Still planning a return research trip back to El Dorado to find out more about this orchestra. Its been several years. I've looked at hundreds, maybe thousands of old mandolin orchestra pictures but...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: $750 Collings mandolin case at elderlys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJia5kX7u4A
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Bickford Mandolin Method

OK, all these questions...

I did a lengthy recording session recently and the person that did it gave me a gift certificate for amazon.com as part of the payment. After my daughter bought a bunch...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Purchasing through the Cafe

You were fine. Thread got totally derailed from your original post and in retrospect and for convenience I'm happy to call it my fault. Most of what has transpired since doesn't have much to do with...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Purchasing through the Cafe

I feel I need to respond to this, not because of anything you've personally said or done, but someone reading this that is new might not fully understand and I feel it's important to clarify from my...
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4