Lanna Villes Schottis

1. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I already knew Flowers of Edinburgh so I learned this tune this week. It's a Swedish tune called Lanna Villes Schottis but also known as Schottis Från Norrbotten. I have also heard it played with a third part. I'm playing my Sobell mandolin along with some pre-recorded English concertina, tenor guitar, acoustic guitar and double bass.

Here's the ABC's:

X: 1
    T: Lanna Villes Schottis
    O: Sweden
    M: C|
    L: 1/8
    K: Dm
    A,2 \
    | "Dm"{C}D2 DE F2 FG | A2 AB A2 A2 | d^c de "A7"f2 e2 | "Dm"d4 "(A)"A2 de | "Dm"f2 e2 d2 AB | "C7"c2 {d}cB "F"A2 FG |
    y3\
    | "Dm"A2 {B}AG F2 G2 | "A7"A6 de | "Dm"f2 e2 d2 AB | "C7"c2 {d}cB "F"A2 FG | "Dm"A2 {B}AG "A7"F2 E2 | "Dm"D6 :|
    |: A2 \
    | "Dm"A>F DF AF DF | A2 d2 "Gm"c2 B2 |1,3 "Dm"A>B AG F2 G2 | "A7"A6 :|2,4 "Dm"A>B AG "A7"F2 E2 | "Dm"D6 :|

2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Awesome. I feel like writing a children's story now where all the children are from Sweden and get eaten by bears and/or wolves.
  3. KeithMcIsaac
    KeithMcIsaac
    Very nice. But darn it it I still haven't found the time to learn "Over Land and Sea". I'm running way behind on the Social Group tunes I want to learn.
  4. Eddie Sheehy
    Tres Cool...
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Very nice!
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Finally getting a chance to learn some of these cool other tunes ya'll have been posting! Yes, I'm still in my bathrobe.... first things first, you know!

No multitracking or multiple instruments... my first take, and my only accompaniment is my tapping foot!

7. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This is weird, when I look at this video here, my left hand isn't in sync with the music... is it that way for anyone else?
  8. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Yes, it is.
  9. Tom Tax
    Tom Tax
    Barbara, the sync looks off to me too . I looked at a few of your other videos and some have similar problems. Others are fine. If you use different cameras, perhaps one is better than the other. I suppose it is possible that Youtube is somehow responsible and this is a temporary problem.

Tom
  10. Susanne
    Susanne
    Lovely tune!!!!! Whatever I do with it I only manage to get the slängpolska rhythm and not schottis (there is nothing as nice as minor schottisches!!!!), but it's gorgeous!!!! I'll have to learn this too!
  11. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I do use different cameras, sometimes even different computers! Oh well, as long as the tune sounds ok on the video that's all I'm gonna worry about!
  12. Eddie Sheehy
    I thought it was a BG thing and you were just playing notes on the off-beat...
  13. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Nice playing, Barbara.
  14. Susanne
    Susanne
    Hey, I made it! And it was great to play it with a softer pick. I'm sorry for the sniffling in the background. I'm having a cold..

15. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Very nice Susi, that mandolin of yours sure sounds great as well.
  16. Eddie Sheehy
    Nice one Susi...
  17. Eddie Sheehy
    Here we go! Played on my Katechis and Silber Mandola...
  18. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Very cool, Eddie! Is that the first we've seen/heard that mandola? Spooky sounding, like it should be!
  19. Eddie Sheehy
    I did Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring on it earlier...
  20. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Very nice Eddie. I used to have a K&S mandolin years ago. It would have been a perfect match for your mandola.