smaltz

1. billkilpatrick
    schmaltz? ... i like schmaltz:

2. Eddie Sheehy
    Excellent! A friend of mine used to sing it a capella and we'd all stand around and snap our fingers to the beat... great memories. Sounds cool on the mando... gotta learn it now...
  3. Eddie Sheehy
    Imagine sitting on the top of the staircase in 1959 and looking at... actually all I could see was the statue of the Child of Prague in a high-up window since there was an angle in the staircase... anyways here's a tune from a movie about a different dream...

4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Bill & Eddie, those were both great! Thanks! I really think this social group is filling out great with lots of different tunes, and... well, it's just SOCIAL too, instead of just a bunch of random tunes posted on You Tube! I feel like we are all becoming good friends, too! Thanks again!!!
  5. billkilpatrick
    did this a year ago - played on charango but easy enough to play on mandolin:

6. Eddie Sheehy
    Funny little plants...
    Millions of 'em....
    Great God Almighty... Pastures of Plenty...
    (Country Joe and the Fish).

7. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Eddie, thanks for that tune! The Sound of Music was always one of my favorite musicals! As I'm leaving band practice, I'll often say "our feet are sayin goodbye"~
  8. billkilpatrick
    i think in eddie's case it's "knees saying hi!"
  9. Eddie Sheehy
    I have often been accused of being kneedy...
  10. ChrisStewart
    ChrisStewart
    We do a version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow but I tried my best to un-smaltz it. Don't know if it still counts or not

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Valley...7318?ref=share
  11. Eddie Sheehy
    Not very Schmaltzy at all... j/k it's fine....