Kati's Waltz

1. SweetTea
    SweetTea

Kathi's Waltz was written by Dix Bruce and he wrote two versions. One version is the melody and the other is a tenor harmony. The one I am trying to play is the melody version. The tab can be found on page 38 in the book "Mel Bay's Master Anthology of Mandolin Solos Volume One". This is a pretty easy song to learn but I need a lot more practice to produce a decent tremelo. Hope you like the tune dispite my feeble attempt. If you have the book check out the it's cd to hear how it really should be played.
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Very nice! Do you have access to a scanner, that you could scan the notation of both the melody & harmony parts? If so, you can send them to me via e-mail & I'll put them up here.
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Hey, I found this, called Kathi's Waltz by Dix Bruce, is it the same?
  4. SweetTea
    SweetTea
    Yes Barbara, "Kathi's Waltz" is the same. Actually you spelled it correctly. Sorry for the mistake. I will edit the post so that it is correct. I will try to scan both versions of the tune and upload it. Our family computer with a scanner is not working properly but I should be able to get it uploaded by tomorrow.
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Due to possible copyright problems, I've taken down the scanned images of Kathi's Waltz. You can go here to see the melody on Dix Bruce's website.
  6. SweetTea
    SweetTea
    Barbara,

Thanks for the upload help.
  7. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    You're welcome! I'm here to serve!
  8. lmartnla
    lmartnla
    The tab for Kathi's Waltz (melody) by Dix Bruce is provided free online at Dix Bruce's website: http://musixnow.com/KathisWa.pdf (lots of other free tab is available at this site). The harmony part is published as referenced above in Mel Bay's Master Anthology, and also in Dix's book "Mandolin Harmonics". This book has numerous nice mandolin duets. I don't feel I'm advertising here for Dix, but I do feel the places where Dix has published this should be noted, because much other material of interest is found there, and I'm not sure of the propriety of passing copyrighted material in this way.
  9. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Thanks for that info. The link in my 2nd reply to the original posting, does go to the same site that you referenced. I'm also not sure of the propriety of passing copyrighted material this way. These are scanned images from the book Mandolin Harmonics that the original poster owns. We aren't publishing them, or passing them off as our own tunes, and the copyright info is included on the scanned images. Does anyone else know if I'm breaking any copyright laws by putting these scanned images up on this social group?

I know nothing about copyright laws. The band that I play with only plays traditional music, to avoid any copyright infringements!
  10. Eddie Sheehy
    Similar posts have been removed from the main board by the moderators to protect Scott from possible infringements. You might want to check with Ted, Jamie, Mike or Scott himself. I tend to stick to Public Domain or the Session.org...
  11. lmartnla
    lmartnla
    This is such a great group and resource I would hate to see a problem develop--Lou
  12. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I've written Scott, and will act upon his reply. If we need to take down the scanned images, then no problem! It's just the harmony part, anyway. The melody part is the same as the link.

Like I said, the band I play with, only plays traditional / public domain tunes, to avoid any copyright problems!
  13. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Scott felt it would be best not to post images of copyrighted pages, so I removed them. There's a link, instead, to the melody on Dix Bruce's website.
  14. SweetTea
    SweetTea
    I am glad that you guys are watching for copyright issues. Hate for anyone to get into trouble such things. Its good to know that public domain tunes avoid the copyright issue. I will do a little research in the public domains for tabs for future postings. This is good information for everyone to know.