Road To Columbus

1. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    I like a good A tune, and I like a good Bill Monroe tune, and this is both of them, something I've enjoyed playing since I first learned it several years ago.

Here's the link to the tab at Mandozine, I like the Kenny Baker and Monroe versions there, I haven't tried the others. Everyone with a mandolin should play this tune, I hope you will
  2. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    Another classic Monroe tune with the thread begun by the "Sausage standard!"

It sure sounds like you've been playing it for several years--VERY CLEAN!

AWESOME!!
  3. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    Dude! I have nothing to say...! (picking my jaw up off the floor) Amazing!
  4. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks guys, you are very kind to an old sausage. That's quite a reaction, maybe I should think about working this tune into my stage act...
  5. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Your hair's way too dark to be an old sausage, old sausage! Unless, of course, you use Grecian Formula!

It's good to hear of a young fellow's jaw hitting the floor as it drops, Chris!
  6. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Well, this is the oldest I've ever been.
  7. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    LoL. Nice one OS!
  8. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Touche', OS.

None of us are gettin' any younger, either.
  9. Jim Baker
    Jim Baker
    X:1
    T:Road to Columbus
    C:Bill Monroe
    L:1/8
    Q:460
    M:4/4
    K:A
    z6 EE |: "A"C2 A,3C EF | AG Ac BA =GE | "D"F2 d2 d2 dd | =cc zc cc AB | "A"ce c=c AB AF | \
    |1 EF AF ED CE | "E"C2 B,2 B,B, B,C | [D2B,2] [D2B,2] E2 EE :|2 E"E"F AB =cB cB | \
    "A"A2 F2 EC B,C | A,3E EF A2 |: "A"c2 cc ce cB | AA AA BB AA | "D"F2 AF AF AB |1 A"D"A zA EF AB | \
    "A"cB ce cB AF | EC EF AB ce | "E"[e2c2] [e2B2] [e=c][eB] [eB][e^c] | [e3B3]E =F^F A2 :|2 A"D"F A=c ^cd ef | \
    "A"ag ab af ed | "E"cA =cB AF EF | "A"AB =cB AF EC | A,8 | \
    W:Created with TablEdit http://www.tabledit.com/