Cat Clumb Up The Plum Tree, or The Rochester Schottisch

1. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    The first part of this tune reminds me of the schottische susisinead posted the other day, Schottis från Idre.

I knew this tune a number of years ago, hadn't played it for probably an equal amount of time. Then I found a YouTube vid of Hillar Bergman playing it on fiddle. Funny how some tunes stick with through the years as it only took a little while listenin' to it to be able to play it again. Hillar adds this fun little slide in the 3rd section that sounds like a cat meowing. It's a 3 part tune with the A and C sections in the key of D and the B section in key of A.

2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Joe.... this tune is so cool, too! Another on my list of tunes to learn!
  3. Bernie Daniel
    Bernie Daniel
    Joe great tune!

I play something called the Rochester Schottische too - -mine is different. Have not played it in a long time so here it is -- I played thorugh three times because it starts weak and the song was slowly coming back to me.

First ever post for me on one take!!!!

4. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    I've not played that Rochester Schottische but I've seen the music to it, Bernie. I'm not sure where Cat Clumb Up The Plum gets it's alternate Rochester Schottische title and it could just be a jumbling of my memory banks.
  5. Bernie Daniel
    Bernie Daniel
    Waking up an old string.

I was prowling around on-line yesterday looking for fiddle tunes and came across this totally different Rochester Schottische -- its a Canadian version. I think it should be played a little faster than I managed here. But they are clearly not the same tune.

6. Susanne
    Susanne
    Cool tune indeed! I'll have to try this one, you never get enough of schottisches!