Kentucky Mandolin

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Searching for something else, I found an old reel-to-reel tape in a drawer. On it was a practice that my old band and I had recorded around 1992. That's me on the mandolin playing Kentucky Mandolin by Bill Monroe. John, my good friend, is on the banjo. This bluegrass song is unusual because John decided to play clawhammer style of this one. Bob is on guitar with Peggy on upright bass. We played together for over 19 years.

Here's a link to a tab:
    http://www.nigelgatherer.com/tunes/tab/tab9/kentm.html

2. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    Really enjoyed that Michael, thanks for sharing.....
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Cracking performance here, Michael. The band are just so together on this version.
  4. tnt2002
    tnt2002
    Mickael, WOW that was really great!

Funny thing is last night around 10:30 I was looking for a good tab for Kentucky Mandolin. I had heard the YMSB play it on my care ride home and decided I need to learn this one.

Tom
  5. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    Yeah, Michael! That was perfect. Perfect also that Kentucky Mandolin be played on a.......Kentucky Mandolin!!!

Thanks for sharing some of your musical history with us!
  6. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    That really was incredible. I'm glad you captured it on tape.
  7. Earl Gamage
    Earl Gamage
    Good playing, pretty nice band there.
  8. harrywhohaa
    harrywhohaa
    That sounds great!
  9. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Bump
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This tune made it to tune of the week, over a year since Michael posted this. Here is the link to the discussion as Tune of the Week #159.
  11. laura809
    laura809
    That was fantastic!
  12. justkaron
    justkaron
    Wow! Excellent!
  13. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Amazing Micheal. I somehow missed that first time around. Great paying. Great band.
    I'd like to hear that whole tape. Thanks for sharing.
    Gary