Our TablEdit database is now live

1. Scott Tichenor
    Scott Tichenor
    Many thanks to everyone involved, particularly Michael, Jim and Barbara. I'm launching this with just over 70 tunes but there are over 400 sitting on the server just awaiting those bits of information that make the searching more effective and they'll be added over the next few weeks & months. Anyone that has their own files they've created and would like them added to that resource, just give me a shout via PM.

See it here.
  2. Scott Tichenor
    Scott Tichenor
    Just updated and there are now 108 tunes in the collection. Also, I'm taking steps to streamline the process of where these are stored and in the future it will be possible to make one big zip file of all tunes available for download. Would also be possible to just automate the creation of a new archive by category on a daily basis and have a page with links to those. All kinds of possibilities.
  3. Jim Baker
    Jim Baker
    Thanks Scott. For now, is there a way to post tef files or do we send to you?
  4. Scott Tichenor
    Scott Tichenor
    Probably best to send to me for now. If you do, be nice if you could add the information for the fields in what's displayed in a search so I'll know what to put there:

Tune title
    Author
    Origin
    Tune Type
    Also know as
  5. Kyle Baker
    Kyle Baker
    this database is awesome!!! Good work to everyone involved
  6. Scott Tichenor
    Scott Tichenor
    Michael has been just terrific to work with and deserves our applause and thanks. We worked out a way to get all of the tunes into place I'm hoping by Sunday evening - 525 total. At that point we'll be missing a few minor bits of information but I'll stick the entire thing into an Excel spreadsheet and have Barbara pass it around to fill in missing info. The most important part is they'll all be in one central location and easier to find.

As of this very moment there are 400 in the database.
  7. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    I think this is an excellent job and credit to you all for the effort and research that has gone into this project. If I can help I will.....
  8. Scott Tichenor
    Scott Tichenor
    I've finished entering all of the tunes now plus some extras that have been filtering in. 530 in all. Not a bad start .
  9. Loretta Callahan
    Loretta Callahan
    This is awesome! I'm a huge fan of databases. Hopefully, I'll be able to get busy this spring and add some. Thanks everyone!