The Broken Pledge

1. harrywhohaa
    harrywhohaa
    Anything in this D (dorian) I just love on the Mandolin, here is the basic ABC with plenty more variations in the comments at thesession.org:
    X: 1
    T: Broken Pledge, The
    M: 4/4
    L: 1/8
    R: reel
    K: Ddor
    A|dcAG ADDB|cAGF ECCE|DEFG Addc|AcGc Adfe|
    dcAG A2dB|cAGF ECCE|DEFG Addc|AcGc ADD:||
    A|dcAG Acde|fAdf ecAB|cAGE GAcd|ecc2 eage|
    dcAG Acde|fAdf ecAG|F2FE FGAB|cAGE FDD:||

2. mculliton123
    mculliton123
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    That was awesome Harry! Plus now I have a tune to learn on what is proving to be an extremely rainy day here in Oakland - this one has been on my "to learn" list for quite awhile.
  4. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Nice one Harry, this tune goes well with Julia Delaney, Sgt. Early's Dream and Tuttle's. This one also sounds good at slower speeds which works well with my abilities.

Played on my Sobell mandolin.
  5. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely version there David! I'm still working on it - sat down today and ended up working on three tunes at the same time: this one, then got distracted and was working on The Brown Coffin, and then attempted Paddy Lynn's Delight - I guess that would qualify as "multi-tasking"!!
  6. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Harry, what a great tune. Thanks for your great version.
    David, I think you could probably play any tune at any tempo and make it sound just right (and you certainly do on this one!)
  7. harrywhohaa
    harrywhohaa
    David, sounds great, especially with those accidental notes you put in
  8. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Had the camera set up to record this week's tune so thought I'd have a go at this one as well..

9. harrywhohaa
    harrywhohaa
    Superb!
  10. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    You set the bar high with your awesome version!
  11. Loretta Callahan
    Loretta Callahan
    I love how all three of these versions have a completely different feel. Bravo! Love it. I can't stop tapping ~ feet or hands!
  12. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Just trying to be a jerk, I found one version of this reel to match the beautifully serene versions you all provided:

If triplets were popcorn he could sell a few bags...