Walking In Jerusalem (Just Like John)

1. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Here's me with the Buncombe String Band at Hollonville Opry last Saturday night. Sorry about the hair-do in the way.

2. Tom Tax
    Tom Tax
    I enjoyed the performance and thought you and the band did a nice job.
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    OS... very nice! Are you a member of this band, or a special guest? Why didn't you get a ball cap?
  4. Eddie Sheehy
    You rock, David.
  5. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Barb, he's got hair.

OS, we know how good you are on the mandolin, but we had no idea you were such a good singer too. Thanks for sharing the video.
  6. mculliton123
    mculliton123
    Excellent!! Good thing Big Hair is almost transparent
  7. ChrisStewart
    ChrisStewart
    Very good. You have a tremendous amount of talent David.
  8. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thank you very much folks, I've been working hard on my singing - usually when I sing I get compliments on my mandolin picking Barbara, I am a member of the Buncombe String Band, and Don is right, they don't issue those caps until your hair falls out. Here's a video I made a while ago of the solo from that tune close-up, and I did a blog post with some tab too if anyone's interested.

9. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Here's a more recent one with Sweetwater Creek:

10. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Great song and great arrangement David. Not an easy song to sing but you do it so well. Here's a shout out to that great guitar picker of yours and his excellent high harmony singing on the chorus... ! (...if it wasn't him please let me know who.)
  11. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks Michael, yes that's Penn McClatchey doing a fine job both on guitar and high harmony there, with Ernie Cole on bass and baritone!
  12. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Nice trio you've got there David. If you lived nearby I'd be catching your shows.
    I like the sound of that mandolin. It has a nice bottom end.
    Couldn't tell with the tuner on. Is that your Silverangel?
    Really like the tone of Penn's guitar too.
    By the way, is he an 'uncle'?
    Gary
  13. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks Gary, yes that's my Silverangel in that clip. Penn has two nice guitars, one Collings D1 and one Martin D28 - I can't recall which one he's playing there. The Collings is louder, but the Martin is sweeter. He is indeed an Uncle, several times over I believe.
  14. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    David, I'm really enjoying your band. Great material, great singing and powerful picking. If you guys record, I would like a copy.
    I started a bluegrass Gospel group recently. Call ourselves 'Kingdom Bound'. We may try the # your group did some time ago, "Hear Jerusalem Moan' I loved your rendition. I'll have to watch the clips again & see if I can steal a lick or two from your mando solo!
    Great stuff!
  15. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks Tim, we keep trying to put something together for a CD, but we've been so busy performing this year we've not had a chance. I have a bunch more videos of us I'm working to get onto YouTube though. I'd love to see your band in action too!