Bright Days

1. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Norman Blake has written some wonderful tunes and this is one of his prettiest tunes from the Blake & Rice 2 album. I like the title, I like the melody, I like his relaxed playing on the recording.

After slowing down Norman's playing, I'm sure he goes up the neck on a couple phrases in the second part. It just doesn't sound right in the open position. It's tricky to keep your pick direction correct with the hammer-ons and slides in that section too.

Here's the TEF link:

http://www.mandozine.com/music/searc...rder=A&submit=

PS. In case you didn't see it, I released a CD of tunes played on the mandolin family. It's been on the Cafe home page and messageboard.
  2. Eddie Sheehy
    That was beautiful Don. Excellent picking and a great sounding mandolin too.
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely stuff, Don!
  4. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks. It's hard to go wrong with a good Norman Blake tune.
  5. BlueMt.
    BlueMt.
    I've been a NB fan since the 70's but I guess i missed that tune. Thanks! Don.

Eric
  6. luckylarue
    luckylarue
    Beautiful stuff, Don. I've got that cd somewhere - I'll have to dig it up and give a listen.
  7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks, and welcome to the group, luckylarue. As with a lot of Norman's tunes, it's got a great chord progression to go with the beautiful melody.
  8. Jim Baker
    Jim Baker
    X:1
    T:Bright Days
    C: Norman Blake
    L:1/8
    Q:348
    M:4/4
    K:C
    z8 | [g3B3D3G,3]a g2 z2 | [f3A3D3]g f2 z2 | [e2c2E2G,2] e2 fe dc | (3BcB (3ABA Ge eg | \
    |: "C"e2 c2 d2 (3cBA | GA [c2G2] [B2G2] AB | cG AE (3GED CE | "G"G,2 [g2B2D2] [g2B2D2] eg | \
    "F"ga (3aba "C"g2 cd | de g2 "G"d2 AB |1 c"C"d (3edc "G"d2 BA | "Am"[A2E2] z2 [AE]e eg :|2 c"C"d e2 "G"d2 B2 | \
    "Am"[e2A2E2] z2 [e2A2E2] zD |: "Am"EA AB AG EC | A,A, CD EC DB, | EA AB (3BcB A^F | \
    "G"GB B2 "Am"A2 z2 | cG Ad "C"eg ec | "G"dG Bd BG AG | "Am"EA AB c2 ec |1 a"G"g ec "Am"A3D :|2 a"G"g ec "Am"A2 z2 | \
    [g3B3D3G,3]a g2 z2 | "Dm"[f3A3D3]g f2 z2 | [e2c2E2G,2] e2 fe dc | (3BcB (3ABA Ge eg | \
    "C"e2 c2 "G"d2 B2 | "C"[c8E8] | GA (3BAG A4 | \
    W:Created with TablEdit http://www.tabledit.com/