Break All My Bones

1. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    For those who enjoyed our last one, here's another video with me in Sonny Houston and the Blue Velvet Band, this time doing one of my own original songs:

2. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    That was really great David, great song, great singing, great picking' and top notch production and video, exceptional all the way around. Put me on the list for your CD with this group too.
  3. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    I really appreciate your comments David, thank you. And I hope I will be able to get these guys into the studio some time soon.
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    What a nice group you've got there. Solid bass lines, excellent guitar and your tasteful mandolin playing combine with three part vocal harmony to produce a sound which is steeped in the past and looking towards the future. Nice original song and lyrics too. Three "listening" musicians playing together as one. I'll take a couple of those albums when you finish them!
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Very good for the ears.
    I also liked the apparent lightning action of putting/taking that piece of cloth on/off the center mic.
  6. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I've listened a couple of times and I must say I'm impressed. It's a lovely style, but also unique. Good work David, and I think you have a couple of very good musicians in this formation to make it work that well... Please go on with it, I won't stop listening!
  7. Francis J
    Francis J
    I liked that a lot. Simple, understated, magic.....(even without the cloth)!
  8. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Very cool song, David. How fun to hear an original from you.
  9. Colin Braithwaite
    Colin Braithwaite
    Well done!
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    That's really fine picking and singing! Great songwriting too! Mighty fine, David!
  11. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks guys, hopefully we're just getting started as a band here and we have a lot more to show.

As for the cloth, we kept getting a lot of wind noise on the recorder mics, so I was just using what we had available to try to prevent that. I'll have a fuzzy cover for it ready next time. Maybe I'll talk someone else into holding the camera too.
  12. James Rankine
    James Rankine
    I'm really enjoying this, just the style of music I like - understated brilliance. Beautiful tone from the mandolin and great vocal harmony -it's all you need. You make it look simple and something us mere mortals could aspire to, but I know that doing the simple things well is not that simple.
  13. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    I love it!
  14. Tavy
    Tavy
    Really lovely job - great stuff!
  15. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Very nice !!!
  16. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks everyone, I'll pass on the nice comments to the rest of the band too, I know they will appreciate it.
  17. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Can I get the lyrics from this great song David? I would like to give it a try. How would you like a cover of a dutch band? Maybe I can suggest to play it with them.
  18. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    That would be great, Hendrik, I'd love to see it. Here are the lyrics:

E
    Hold me up
    A E
    Put me back on my feet
    C#m B
    Ease me down
    A E
    So I can try to sleep

I'm on the outside
    Of something I don't understand
    I'll be inside
    On the day you take my hand

Chorus
    C#m A
    If I break all my bones
    E C#m
    To get to you
    A
    I don't care anymore
    E E(F# in bass)
    I don't care anymore

And if I lose all my friends
    And my money too
    I don't care any more
    I don't care any more

Cold early morning
    The good light hurts my eyes
    A gentle rain falls
    And the wind stirs in the pines

Hope's an angel
    Keeping me alive
    And it's a devil
    Burning me inside

Chorus

I can't sleep
    And I think I never will again
    And I won't sleep
    Until I'm with you and then

Chorus
  19. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thank you David. You're definitely the first to hear it. Don't forget to give the rest of your bandmembers compliments from me.
  20. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I really enjoyed that! The song, the playing, and the video too. (I had never realised how tall you are!) Thank you for letting us see you play.
  21. Russ Donahue
    Russ Donahue
    Like this a lot David...found it by accident and played twice in a row then shared it with some friends. Thanks for posting....
  22. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Listened to your song every single day in the past two weeks. It’s amazing how you perform intensive feelings with apparent ease.
  23. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments and I always pass them on to the rest of the band. And it's great to know people are listening to what we do, thanks Frithjof.
  24. Pete Jenner
    Pete Jenner
    Brilliant David.
  25. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks Pete!