Hear Jerusalem Moan

1. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Here I am with my band, Sweetwater Creek (Ernie and Penn), doing "Don't You Hear Jerusalem Moan". In my basement, obviously.

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great performance and you were so obviously enjoying yourselves! Good balance and sound from the trio.
  3. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Nice performance!
  4. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    You guys get a lot of energy in that song.
  5. laura809
    laura809
    Great performance and excellent sound quality. What type of microphones and recording equipment were you using?
  6. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks everyone, we do have a lot of fun, so I'm glad it comes across. Laura I'm using the same main mic as usual, an AKG Perception 200, plus two additional side mics which are standard Shure SM57's. The bass has its own pickup. I run all four as separate inputs into my Alesis Multimix 8 mixer, and then via USB 2.0 into my computer using Sonar, where each input is recorded to disk as a separate track so I can adjust volume and effects on each one to create the final mix.
  7. justkaron
    justkaron
    Great rendition of 'Hear Jerusalem Moan' David.
    We need more from your group!
  8. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks Karon. I recorded a bunch of songs last night (just audio), and I'll mix them down and put them on SoundCloud - I'll post some links on this thread once they're done.
  9. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
    Nice vocals from the three of you there. Now if you only lost the mandolin and played piano instead you would sound just like The Big Three Trio!
  10. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    We got to perform this at the Red Light in Atlanta on May 30th, and Marty Jacobson, who made my latest mandolin, was kind enough to come along and shoot some video. I scrounged the audio from the Kale, the sound guy, and put it all together in Sonar and Adobe Premiere:

11. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    Oldsausage, that was absolutely awesome! You guys sound great. I have got to learn this great Gospel number. Its a great picker and vocally challenging for sure. I will have to watch your breaks about 20 times to see if I can even sniff at playing it. lol Thanks for posting this.
  12. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks very much, Mr Sasquatch!
  13. shortymack
    shortymack
    Great tune and performances. Could just be the mixes but of the two I do think that the Silver Angel sounds better IMO.
  14. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Well, they certainly sound different Those two mandos are chalk and cheese, the fun part is they both tempt you to play differently because they have such different EQ and different places where they shine. And getting tempted out of your typical places is a very good thing. The Silverangel has a traditional bg sound, and a huge beefy chop. The Jacobson has sparkling highs and a punchy, nasal midrange, but much less down below.
  15. Eddie Sheehy
    What a great start to a Friday morning for me. Thanks David.
  16. James Rankine
    James Rankine
    Everything is spot on. The sound quality in the basement session is really impressive, great vocals. I was so moved my eyes kept misting over