Some new tunes

1. neil argonaut
    neil argonaut
    Since I started playing mandolin 2 years ago today, I thought I'd record a video or two of some of my favourite tunes to record my progress to look back on (and been too long I've been out the way of posting videos here), but once I got back into it, ended up recording 9 tunes over 5 videos, so thought I'd post them on the one thread here rather than cluttering up the social group. One is a song of the week (which I'll post on that thread too), one is two of my compositions, the others are just a few of my favourite tunes. As ever, any feedback appreciated, whether good or "constructive".

2. neil argonaut
    neil argonaut

3. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Neil, these are great. I wouldn't worry about clutter. There's been so many times I've wanted to figure out how to play a tune and found a great version of it in the Other Tunes Table of Contents. Just for help in posting them, I see you saw, Stool of Repentance was a song of the week, but so were the three in your clip, Tailors Twist, Good Natured Man, and Golden Eagle Hornpipe. You've got such clean picking and driving rhythm, you should definitely post these for reference. Welcome back and happy two-year anniversary.
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Nicely done for only two years on the mandolin... And I can only imagine what another year or two will contribute to your already fine mandolin playing!
  5. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    You've been playing for just two years? I would never have guessed. If I can play like that after ten years, I'll be happy.
  6. neil argonaut
    neil argonaut
    Well it's pretty much been my life for the last 2 years, trying to cram 10 years of playing into 24 months, but whether I can keep up that for another 2 years, especially now I'm reaching the stage that progress isn't so obvious, is another matter. And Michael, thanks, I've learned a lot from watching your videos.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great selection of material here, Neil, and all really well played. You have a wide repertoire from the French-Canadian (if they are from that genre) to the self-composed.
    Like the new streamlined image too - you'll have to change the avatar now!
  8. Colin Braithwaite
    Colin Braithwaite
    Well done!