Feast Here Tonight: Saw Mountain String Band

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Our own Marcy and her husband Jeff were kind enough to work on this song together with me. Marcy belted out the lead vocal and played mandolin, Jeff rapped on his 5-string banjo while I added guitar, bass and a little mandolin around the edges. I also sang harmony to Marcy. Feast Here Tonight is also called Rabbit in the Log. They recorded their parts first and sent 'em to me so I could contribute also. The video has a lot of nice images from the 1930s.

2. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I enjoyed that very much Michael......Great old time atmosphere
  3. Mike O'Connell
    Mike O'Connell
    Marcelyn, Jeff, Michael - The Saw Mountain Sting Band continues to amaze and delight. From top to bottom it doesn't get any better than this. This is what a String Band wants to be when it grows up. I am constantly amazed by the talent of the members of this social group. You put a big smile on this old face - Thanks for sharing.
  4. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    It looks and sounds great Michael. What an incredibly fun jam session this was.
  5. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Great job, guys!
  6. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Marcy, Jeff and Michael - that's utterly amazing!
  7. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    You have to love the internet and this site, for making things like this possible. You sound so tight and together, as if you had been touring as a band for years. I love it!
  8. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
    Amazing!
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    That is soooo beee-yooo-teee-ful!
  10. justkaron
    justkaron
    Alright!
  11. laura809
    laura809
    Love it!
  12. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Very nice! Thanks for posting.
  13. Eddie Sheehy
    Très Cool...
  14. Steve Cantrell
    Steve Cantrell
    This is great. Makes me really want to buy a mic and try to record something beyond cell phone video and audio. Fine job all the way around.