Old Lancashire Hornpipe

1. llamela
    llamela
    Here is a classic of the English Session world, much favoured by the melodeon players, but played on an old Ozark next to a boat (what with Hornpipes and Sailors). I'm also, rather self-consciously, trying to create a sense of nostalgia for the mandolin as a 'travelling' instrument which colours the lanscape around it.

2. Brent Hutto
    Brent Hutto
    Self conscious or not I think you pulled off the effect brilliantly. It really did suit the scene.

Of course it's hard to go wrong with beaches and wooden boats! Loved the tunes, just wanted to hear you play more, hint hint.
  3. llamela
    llamela
    Thank you Brent. Will do.
  4. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I can't offer a beach, a boat, or the same quality of playing. But how about a silly hat, cobnuts, and a rusty knife?

5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Charming setting there G'bury - the hat and shirt together look like some trade attire (thatchers? miners?)
  6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Thatchers and miners? Maybe I have internalised the spirit of my "two home towns" more than I realised!

My teacher has been eager to teach me some 3/2 stuff, to help the rhythm of my playing. It was a nice surprise to see a thread about the Old Lancashire here!
  7. Doghearty
    Doghearty
    Check out these two characters:

8. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Now there's a pair of prodigies. Their relaxed attitude is an example to follow.
  9. llamela
    llamela
    fantastic.