Ride The Wild Turkey

1. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    This is a Darol Anger tune that Mike Marshall teaches on the Academy of Bluegrass (in the Advanced section - it's not all as hard as this one). It's a pretty tricky one with lots of awkward string crossing and an unusual timing part.

I'm playing the backing on my new Blueridge BR-60 dreadnought.
  2. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    superb as usual OS, there's much to be learnt from watching you play.
  3. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    That sounds very classy, David. Super clean picking and great tone.
  4. justkaron
    justkaron
    OK...that's just really good pickin' right there!
  5. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks very much, guys!
  6. Francis J
    Francis J
    Wow, classy stuff David!
  7. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    Great rendition of that tune, David! That was awesome, clean, AND toneful! Your fluidity with your right hand just gets better and better! How can it get any better?!

I've always loved this version from the Punch Brothers (which was where I first became familiar with this Darol Anger tune)

8. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks for posting that Rob - yes, I found the Punch Brothers version inspiring too.
  9. cwboal
    cwboal
    Sounds awesome OS; you play it so clean and make it look so easy!
  10. justkaron
    justkaron
    Ever notice how the ones who really know what they're doing always make it look effortless? We know how hard David works...but his playing looks easy. That's the ticket! Same thing with several others in this SAW group who are so very proficient and talented. What a resource for all of us.
  11. cwboal
    cwboal
    I couldn't agree more. I find watching these contributions quite inspiring and something to aspire to!