Spring Creek Gal

1. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    I learned this tune from the fiddling of James Bryan. I think there's a TEF version of it on mandozine but it's not exactly the way I'm playing it. Great tune and fun to play. Played on my new Duff A5.

2. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Nice playing as always, Don. And a great sounding mandolin.
  3. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Great tune, great mandolin, and stellar playing. I have to learn that one.
  4. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks Manfred and Marcelyn.

Here's the TEF file link. http://mandozine.com/music/search_re...rder=A&submit=

I bet it would sound fantastic with Jeff on banjo and you on mandolin, Marcelyn. (hint, hint)
  5. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Sounds like a tune I should learn too - I like it, Don!
  6. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    WOW! Now that's a great mandolin and the tune is pretty nice too!
  7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks OS & Michael. I'm looking forward to your versions of this tune too. Hope you get a version worked up too, Manfred. I love the sound of your Brentrup.
  8. fatt-dad
    fatt-dad
    love it. May give it a go myself!

f-d
  9. fatt-dad
    fatt-dad
    Here you go Don! As taken by your video and played on my new Cohen mandolin (redwood and walnut). Nice tune! I'll start calling it at the local jam. I think it'll be a great jam tune for sure!

f-d
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Sounding good, Papa Gordo. Love the sound of your Cohen too. You and I share the trait of not being able to sit still while playing.

It's a great tune, isn't it? Glad to know it'll be getting around.
  11. jordandvm
    jordandvm
    Don, you hooked me on this one with your excellent rendition. F-D nice job too. You were right this is a fun one to learn and play! I'm playing my Collings MF5-V.

Jim

12. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Nice work Jim. I wanted to try to show a couple of other places I found to play some of this tune, especially where you can play the B part on the low G string and use the D string as a drone.

13. fatt-dad
    fatt-dad
    OS, that was great! New ideas for me to try!

f-d
  14. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Sounds great, Jim, and your Collings does too.

Very cool ideas, OS. Thanks! Going to get my mandolin right now and work on that.
  15. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    Finally got around to recording a video of this tune. Thanks Don for turning me on to this one! See if you can tell that I've gone back to medium strings due to my hands hurting too much from the J75s.

16. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Nope, I absolutely could not tell. Sounds better than ever if anything.
  17. fatt-dad
    fatt-dad
    Rob, that was great!

f-d
  18. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Sounds great, Rob! I saw this first on FB and thought you still had the J75s on. A little J75 time must have got the MT going.

This tune has a lot of character--really appeals to me.
  19. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    Thanks OS, FD, and Don! I just love this melody and it's one of those tunes that you can play over and over.

For a day or 2 my MT was upset about going back to J74s but it seems to be in a better mood now and I can't tell a huge difference, either. Thanks for the input on that!
  20. Grommet
    Grommet
    Monster tone in all of these threads. That was a good pitch Don.
    Scott