The Love Nest

1. WillFly
    WillFly
    Well, Barbara - you did say "more please"... I hope you don't regret that! I love playing jazz on tenor guitar and mandolin - and this is one of those lovely pieces from the Paul Whiteman era (with Bix Beiderbecke on cornet) which embodies the music that I love.

A tune from 1920 with great chords - music by Louis A. Hirsch for the musical "Mary" - and recorded memorably by Paul Whiteman around 1927 with Bix Beiderbecke on cornet. I've done it here in the key of F - which was what I used to play it in in my jazz days - with rhythm guitar, tenor lead guitar and some mandolin harmony. [Recorded in 2009].

2. Eddie Sheehy
    That's brilliant, Will.
  3. WillFly
    WillFly
    That's very kind, Eddie - thank you. I won't bore the Group by more posts in this genre - but, if you want to hear more, I have a CD's worth which you can hear for free here. If you feel rich, you can actually buy it here. Just a spot of Shameless Promotion...
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Well, tie me to a pig and roll me in mud if that ain't the cat's meow! (Just lovely Will!)
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    As Michael says, but I think I will forego the mud in exchange for a slap with a wet kipper. So evocative of an era, Will.
  6. Eddie Sheehy
    The bee's knees and the spider's ankles...
  7. Doghearty
    Doghearty
    Isn't that the theme to the old Burns and Allen show???
  8. joanneinak
    joanneinak
    lovely..............
  9. WillFly
    WillFly
    Yup - I'm told it's the Burns & Allen show theme. Odd, because I used to see runs of this on TV in the UK in the 50s - but the tune never made any impression on me.

Say goodnight Will
  10. mculliton123
    mculliton123
    Yes, Doghearty, that was the Theme from Burns & Allen. Say Goodnight, Gracie!
  11. Doghearty
    Doghearty
    "You told me to take some flowers, so I did!!"