The Marino Waltz

1. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Ok, this is the last tune tonight, I swear!! I've always had a fondness for this wee waltz, as great pals of mine were from Marino (in Dublin), plus it was used in an advert for peat briquettes back in the late '80's so it always reminds me of cozy houses with the fire going - there's the power of marketing for you! No ABC's since it mayn't be allowed seeing as your man from the Dubliners wrote this one, John Sheehan.

2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Jill, I'm pretty sure there's NO ONE here in this group that would mind of you posted tunes non-stop!!!! You are so talented, and have demonstrated that talent on such a wide variety of instruments! Love your new tenor guitar!
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Ah Barbara, you're too kind!
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Yet another lovely instrument in the arsenal of musically-charged weaponry you wield so excellently, Jill. How is your tenor tuned - as an octave? Great wee tune too!
  5. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Aye John, it's in GDAE - I had been looking at a Martin tenor with a 23 inch scale length tuned CGDA and thankfully didn't pull the trigger on that one because then the Tenor Tone turned up and it is perfect for me!