She Caught the katy

1. dcdan
    dcdan
    In yet another attempt to "get it right" posting video, here is something fun that I did late last night with the available instruments I had on hand. This tune was originally by Yank Rachell, then made famous by Taj Mahal, and then resurrected by being the opening tune in the "Blues Brothers" first movie.
    Its a Yank Rachel tune so I hereby claim it back for the mandolin!!!!
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    dcdan, you got it embedded! I'm not sure what that extra link "http://www....." goes to (actually, it goes nowhere, I clicked on it)... so, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not sure what it's doing in your post!

Love the tune, and your rendition!
  3. Mike O'Connell
    Mike O'Connell
    DC - You're in the groove. Your PiP is great. Very enjoyable.
  4. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    dcdan. You're just having too much fun. I love it when your alter ego on the fiddle patiently waits for you to finish your run.
    You should put one on each shoulder. One with a halo. And, one with horns. Thanks for sharing.
    Gary
  5. dcdan
    dcdan
    Thanks, I wish I had thought of that! I am trying to find a way to have more than one pip going at the same time.
  6. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    That is so fun! You can definitely rock the blues.
  7. dcdan
    dcdan
    Thanks for the kind words Marcelyn
  8. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    Great blues dcdan, something I want to get into a bit more........
  9. dcdan
    dcdan
    Thanks Tosh,
    The mandolin was right there at the birth of the blues. WC Handy who was a band leader in the early 1900's first saw and heard the blues in Memphis ( could be St. Louis) played by a trio of violin mandolin and guitar and it changed his life and musical career, He is known as the Father of the Blues but the blues was around before he was. This tune was originally Yank Rachel (but I said that at the beginning of this string)