The Dunmore Lassies

1. Bernd Bannach
    Bernd Bannach
    sorry I posted it to the wrong place with my first try.

I played this strong tune on my Gibson from 1916, in the backgrund you hear me playing the lower register on the octar. It is record twice, all with an i-phone.
    Bernd

2. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    Bernd, that was great and amazing to think it was done on an iphone. great stuff...
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I have played for people's birthdays over the phone before, but this is taking it to a new level, of course.
    Amazing to see a blacksmith's hands handle such a tiny instrument, and with a funny-faces show, too!
  4. Bernd Bannach
    Bernd Bannach
    Thanks Tosh and Bertram.
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Bernd, I don't know if you look just like you do in your videos, but, in your videos, you look like you could be a brother to a friend of mine! I'll have to find a pic of him and show you!
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Let's see if I can get this embedded:

This is a very good friend of mine here in Iowa. We belong to a camping group with them, this photo was one morning at our annual campout... hence the robes!
  7. Brent Hutto
    Brent Hutto
    And so Bernd's double life is revealed! When he goes a while without posting a video here we now know he's off camping in Iowa under an assumed name.

That's just uncanny.
  8. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Barb, that's how I imagine Arthur Dent stomping round his house in the morning with a hangover and the occasional glimpse of a yellow bulldozer outside his windows, not yet comprehending that the council have come to demolish his house and the Vogons are coming to demolish the earth...

I used to think that this jammies angle was just a personal preference, but now I know for a fact that it must be the Traditional American Folk Attire, probably inherited from the pilgrim fathers who disembarked from their ship in their bathrobes to frighten the native Americans long ago...
  9. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    That's some real fine playing Bernd! Love the tone of your old Gibson and the unison with your Octar is just perfect.

I was just at my fiddle players friends violin recital the other night and there's this brilliant piano player that accompanied many of the violinists and all of a sudden he struck me as looking very similar to Mike Marshall. Google John Chernoff if you want to see what I'm talking about. We all have a twin somewhere in the world!
  10. Bernd Bannach
    Bernd Bannach
    Barbara you uncoverd my secret mission!!! But really we look like brothers, allthough I don't have a robe like his. Nice friends you have.
    Rob thanks fo listening and your kind comments. In my art-wokshops all over the country here I'm often struck by the look of people
    who look like others which I have met at the other and of the country. We definetily have twins somewhere. I know mine now.
    Bernd
  11. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Hey, Bernd, you aren't going to believe this. I have a Gibson bearing a striking resemblance to the one you have there. Uncanny! Yours sounds great and I second the oppinion that it goes wonderfully with the OM. I'll have to learn this haunting tune.
  12. Loretta Callahan
    Loretta Callahan
    Recorded on an iPhone? Wow ... very, very nice Bernd. Sooo, has the new couture gone from flannel to terry cloth? I'll have to catch up on that one.
  13. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Before anybody else uncovers my secret mission, I'll better do it myself

14. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Bertram, I knew it!!!