View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe Blog

Images for Classifieds now uploadable from iPhone

Rate this Entry
Over the weekend with a little bit of coding I was able to configure it so that images can be uploaded to the Classifieds with an iPhone. Other types of phones, sorry, don't have one so can't test and don't know if it works but happy to discuss over email or here with you.

What I can't tell you: if you are not using a newer version of the Apple operating system on your phone I can't guarantee this works, and honestly don't know what versions will, but I can probably tell you how to find out if you're curious.

First: works with images you have taken with your phone. Apple now stores your phone images as .jpeg.

Second: does not work if the image is a screen shot as Apple saves those as a .png file, currently not uploadable to the Classifieds (this may change in the future, no guarantee). Since 99% of our uploads are .jpg (and 1% .gif) files we haven't seen a need to allow .png at this time (technical discussion/reasons not included...).

Apple saves your photos to your library as .jpeg files. That's right, for those of you that know... .jpg is not .jpeg, although they are actually identical types of files--no difference, only in extension name. Why Apple did this someone may know. Personally I don't care.

How to find out if your phone will work: 1) try to upload an image to your ad from your phone and you'll find out quickly. 2) email your photo to yourself. Once you see it in email look at the name of the image. If it has the .jpeg extension it can be uploaded to our Classifieds (assuming you're using current operating system).

It's that simple.

For the purposes of sharing this we haven't told you step by step how the action of uploading images to the Classifieds works and if you've never placed an ad it probably doesn't matter.

Questions?

Submit "Images for Classifieds now uploadable from iPhone" to Facebook Submit "Images for Classifieds now uploadable from iPhone" to Yahoo Submit "Images for Classifieds now uploadable from iPhone" to Google

Updated Apr-11-2016 at 10:56am by Scott Tichenor

Categories
Mandolin Cafe Site Information

Comments