View RSS Feed

PerryBluegrass

Mandolin Movable Chords vs Closed Chords

Rate this Entry
Hi I am new to Bluegrass and Mandolin playing,and loving it.

I'm looking at Movable and Closed Chords and wandering where my focus should be initially.

My goal is to be able to play chop chords and have fun.

Any advice?

Submit "Mandolin Movable Chords vs Closed Chords" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Movable Chords vs Closed Chords" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Movable Chords vs Closed Chords" to Google

Comments

Advice?

Mostly, that a "Blog" entry is a place to state your facts and/or opinions, maybe even tell a story. It's intended to be a one-way street: from you to the world. Folks might comment on your thoughts, but would not normally add to, change, and/or debate them. Multi-way conversation normally happens on, and is inherently invited by, a "Forum" entry. (Of course, I'm violating that as I write right here!)

Note that the word "blog" is tech-speak for "web log", being pretty much an on-line "diary" that you let others read. But they don't get to write new stuff in your diary!

Otherwise... Closed chords ARE moveable chords, and yes they are fun, so I don't quite get what you're asking. But I'm also not a hardcore bluegrass guy, so... what do I know??

Suggest you re-post in the Forum (maybe in the Theory & Technique section), because folks, like me(!), will find this page mostly by accident.

Folks usually look up a poster's blog entries because he/she had something interesting to say in a Forum. Unlike the Forum, Blog entries don't show up on the Cafe's front page.

Hope this helps. And oh yeah: Welcome!