View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe Blog

Mike Marshall and Caterina J.S. Bach Recording

Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
We're privileged to be the first outside of the production team to receive any information about the new Mike Marshall and Caterina Lichtenberg J.S. Bach duo recording coming in April. This is sure to be one of the highlights of the year in what is already a very strong one for classical mandolin.

Since there's not enough information to share via a news release we're parking what we have in our blog.

The tracks:

The Fifteen Two-Part Inventions
Invention in C Major BWV 772
Invention in C minor BWV 773
Invention in D Major BWV 774
Invention in D minor BWV 775
Invention in Eb Major BWV 776
Invention in E Major BWV 777
Invention in E minor BWV 778
Invention in F Major BWV 779
Invention in F minor BWV 880
Invention in G Major BWV 881
Invention in G minor BWV 882
Invention in A Major BWV 883
Invention in A minor BWV 884
Invention in Bb Major BWV 885
Invention in B minor BWV 886

The Four Organ Duets
Duetto in E minor BWV 802
Duetto in F Major BWV 803
Duetto in G Major BWV 804
Duetto in A minor BWV 805

Three Canons from the Art of the Fugue
Canon at the Twelfth in Counterpoint at the Fifth
Canon in Augmentation and Contrary Motion
Canon at the Octave

Submit "Mike Marshall and Caterina J.S. Bach Recording" to Facebook Submit "Mike Marshall and Caterina J.S. Bach Recording" to Yahoo Submit "Mike Marshall and Caterina J.S. Bach Recording" to Google

Comments

Oh this should be excellent. The videos I have seen of the two of them are wonderful. I have my purchase reminder set...
    Two of my favorite players performing the works of one of my favorite composers? Want!
    Looking forward to the release!
    I'm sure the performance of these pieces will be mind-blowing, but I'd like to point out that the photo is really great on the album cover as well. The photographer captured a wonderful moment there.
    Oh, I can't wait! Caterina told me during a workshop in February and I think it's perfect: Mike, Caterina with Bach on the mandolin. Can't get any better!
    Clapping my hands! Can't wait for this to be released. The cover is indeed stunning.
    I also thought the cover photograph was beautiful ... can't wait for the CD!
    Looks great! Keep us posted! Gotta have!
    Thanks for enlightening us about this new release. Should be tremendous!
    Has this been released yet? I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.
    Official release date is tomorrow, May 19. But downloads are available now on Amazon. Should also be available from CD Baby, and iTunes very soon.

Glad you guys like the cover.

Maria
    I recently saw the Ger Mandolin Orchestra play in NYC. Mike is in charge of that...Katarina plays as do several other fine players....Joe Walsh as well! I bought the Bach CD....quite a great recording with an eerie 'reverb' tone to it. Thanks for highlighting this!

BC