View RSS Feed

paulinusofnola

Mandolin Reprise

Rate this Entry
A couple of years ago I just had to buy a mandolin. I had been driving past the store for some time - The Gladesville Guitar Factory - and then one day I looked up the internet and saw this beautiful mandolin, so sleek and elegant.

I raced in to buy it, got $50 off (although I never bargain) and then thought....well I don't know how to play. I used to play piano and flute with a few dabbles on an autoharp and love singing.

Found a teacher and started weekly for about 4 months or so and enjoyed myself very much.

Life intervened, moved house, moved jobs and worked like a dog....until yesterday when I stopped to realise that I wasn't doing much that made me happy lately and then looked at my poor lonely mandolin, faithfully waiting.

Restarting the journey as of today.

Submit "Mandolin Reprise" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Reprise" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Reprise" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations! It will be one of the best decisions of your life.
    How's it coming now? Staying at it? What a benefit it is to enjoy a mandolin. Thanks for your blog.
    Will look forward to reading about your progress. I've just started on the mandolin.
    Best regards,
    Jan
    Hi All - Your story is also my story. But all through the down time, my beautiful mandolin awaits my attention. It has always had my devotion and passion. Enjoy the journey!!
    Hi, I was just looking to see what Australia-based pickers are about.

Strangely enough I got the bus out to that music store in Gladesville last time I was in Sydney, as there is nowhere much downtown you can buy mandolin strings these days. The demise of music shops!

I travel everywhere with my mandolin, a great advantage being it fits overhead lockers, so there's no reason to leave it behind. Practise whenever you can. It will repay you with much joy and you will have a friend for life.

All the best,
    Bren