View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe Blog

So you think you'd like to run a mandolin forum?

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
This amusing exchange between someone that has apparently visited this site a few times just occurred today. For those of you that are just sure you'd like to own a big mandolin forum, what more would you like to do on a Sunday? Something like this happens more often than you'd think. User's name and email addresses have been removed to protect their anonymity.

User: How do I change my pass word or delete my account? Can’t find it anywhere on the web site.

Cafe: Reset password here: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

I'm not seeing an account associated with this email address you've used to contact me. You can't reset it without having the address that goes with the account. You can't delete an account once established.

User: it’s either shop, xxxxx, or info @ xxxxxxxxxxx.com. If it’s shop, I no longer use that email address, so I can’t log in. Can you please delete my account?

Cafe: There is no account associated with any of those email addresses. So, you don't know your user name or email address--failing to see the value in attempting to delete something neither of us can find.

User: Could it have lapsed? It’s been a couple years.

Cafe: Accounts do not lapse.

User: can you find me by name, xxxxx xxxxxx? I’ve listed a number of guitars on mando cafe in the past, so I’m sure I was a member.

Cafe: It is not necessary to have a forum account in order to post a Classified ad. You're now talking about something entirely different. There is no member by your name on our forum nor any forum account associated with your custom domain name.

User: OK, thx.

Submit "So you think you'd like to run a mandolin forum?" to Facebook Submit "So you think you'd like to run a mandolin forum?" to Yahoo Submit "So you think you'd like to run a mandolin forum?" to Google

Comments

oy..