You've Got Mail!
by, Oct-30-2013 at 12:37pm (3491 Views)
Looking to increase your knowledge of what's out there in the retail arena in the stringed instrument community? Ever wonder why we have access to a lot of information you read about here first? Do what we do and subscribe to the e-mailing lists of some of the top vendors in the industry. Most of these are infrequent with a weekly mailing being about as aggressive as they get. All have an opt-out link (or should!) in case it becomes too much for you.
Here's who we keep on top of and how we find out more of what's going on in the area of new and used instruments, deals on strings, new publications, new recordings and much more.
Mailing list links where you can subscribe:
- Elderly Instruments - most comprehensive list out there
- Collings Guitars and Mandolins - sign up top of any page on the site
- The Music Emporium - sign up on any page
- The Loar - bottom of any page on the site
- Janet Davis Music
- The Mandolin Store
- D'Addario Strings
- JustStrings.com - sign up for notification on specials at top left of home page
- Strings & Beyond - sign up at bottom of page
- RetroFret - one of the very best vintage newsletters out there
- Eastman Strings
- Mass Street Music
- ArtistWorks Academy of Bluegrass - sign up at bottom of page
- Northfield Instruments
- DrBanjo.com - Pete Wernick's Jam Camp information and more
- Mel Bay Publications, Inc
- Alfred Publishing
- Andy Statman
That's just some of the favorites we're subscribed to, and we tend to pay more attention to our business partners. What we didn't include were those from record labels (less reliably mandolin related) and a few individuals acting as promotional agents. The latter often provide tedious, over-the-top praise but still contain information.
That's our list. Who's on yours that we missed? Share the name and a link if you please.