View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe Blog

What didn't make the Cafe's April Fool's cut

Rate this Entry
OK, so The Onion probably won't be hiring us, but that doesn't mean we didn't have some fun. Some of the ideas we had that didn't make the final cut, left here for inspiration for 2014. So many ideas, only one April 1.

North Korea/U.S. tension subsides after Dennis Rodman delivers Deering Good Times 5-String banjo and copy of Mel Bay's Getting into Bluegrass Banjo to Supreme Leader, Kim Jong-un. If ever there were two oddballs begging to be Photoshopped together with a banjo...

Acoustic Disc announces the release--Hi-Def version, of course--of David Grisman and Brittany Spears, Together Again For the First Time. Plans for a late 2013 tour under way. Another delicious Photoshop op, but naw, couldn't do that to the Dawg, and she just seems like someone that'd likely be his last choice on the planet to record with.

Two words: Taylor Swift. What an opportunity, and she likes posing with a 6-string banjo. I mean, who doesn't dig THAT? She may be the new Lady Gaga for 2013. Sure, I know she's an inspiration to young girls, but... there are all those boys she chases. Nashville's arguably hottest act, obsessed with even younger guys. Is there a finer opportunity? I think not. Best not say who I thought she'd be chasing. Don't go there. Wasn't thinking Thile. He's a bit older and smart enough to know better.

Big clunky specialty box stores like Bass Pro and Cabela's are always a popular target to make fun of, and we have in the past. Surely there is an opportunity here in the future for Nebraska Furniture Mart to get into the mix. Picking on a company that's big, no, really BIG, just seems like the right thing to do. Most everything they're selling is from China and Taiwan anyway, so why not mandolins?

Feel free to leave your own ideas we passed up. We promise we'll read them.

Submit "What didn't make the Cafe's April Fool's cut" to Facebook Submit "What didn't make the Cafe's April Fool's cut" to Yahoo Submit "What didn't make the Cafe's April Fool's cut" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Ready to assemble mandolins from Ikea.
    Range Rover just announced their Bluegrass Limited Edition - a run of 5, each including a Loar F5!
    a mandolin mandolin from Bed Bath and Beyond: chops, slices, de-scales, settings for 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, "no-fret design, saves all the hassle", perfect for next 4-course meal, buy today with no strings attached, etc. etc...