View RSS Feed

Montana Lutherie

Customer Reveiw: Custom Vintage F Mandolin

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
This is a very nice letter, however he goes a bit deeper on many levels.
Dear people at Sound to Earth,
Since a couple of days I am the lucky owner of a Weber Vintage F mandolin (9372710) and I am already deeply in love with its beauty. Having played the violin for about 20 years in my youth, nowadays - I am 61 years old - the mandolin is my favourite instrument. The reason for this change is that, due to permanent back problems as result of a serious accident, I am no longer able to stand or sit more than a couple of minutes in a row. So most of the day I lay in a comfort chair. I found out that, other than the violin, the mandolin can be played while lying down. I have been playing the mandolin for some months now and it works out very fine. This was the reason to buy a (much) more expensive instrument this past week.
Your vintage mandolin has many of the nice characteristics of a lovely lady. She is very beautiful looking, mellow on the ear, mysterious in her complex tonality, forgiving, tender, warm, tempting and rewarding. She brings out the best of my possibilities and let me discover new ways of making music. The instrument is a sheer joy to handle and suits wonderfully my musical interests. I am mainly playing classical pieces, the Cello Suites by J.S. Bach for instance and music by Italian composers, like Vivaldi and Corelli. Most of it I played years ago on the violin. That is my favourite kind of music. Also I am experimenting with some of the Irish folk music and maybe eventually Bluegrass music.
Your mandolin has great versatility and accommodates different musical styles. Very often she persuades me to endless improvising on themes that spring to mind spontaneously. I am enjoying every minute spent playing this wonderful instrument, and that counts for a lot of minutes a day. Therefore I congratulate you with this instrument and thank you for developing and building it.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Custom Vintage F 001.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	85810 HERE

Submit "Customer Reveiw: Custom Vintage F Mandolin" to Facebook Submit "Customer Reveiw: Custom Vintage F Mandolin" to Yahoo Submit "Customer Reveiw: Custom Vintage F Mandolin" to Google

Tags: mandolins, weber
Categories
Uncategorized