View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #65 w/ Special Guest Emory Lester

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Honored to have a special video from the great Emory Lester for this week's Mandolin Monday. Feast your ears on this mind-blowing rendition of "Eight More Miles to Louisville" performed on Emory's battle worn Northfield axe.

Emory's exciting creative voice on the mandolin speaks for itself. Over the years, he's performed with the likes of the Tony Rice Unit, comedian and banjo player Steve Martin, and many other acoustic music giants. Now known for his prolific work with Jill Jones, Wayne Taylor, clawgrass banjo player Mark Johnson, and as a solo artist, Emory has had a large part in shaping the sound of the modern mandolin. His most recent solo record, At Dusk, displays this creativity through a selection of beautifully unique compositions and compelling performances.

Yet even more compelling is his generous spirit and sparkling sense of humor which both shine through in all of his musical endeavors. In regards to this video, Emory says, "I tried to just have fun with this one instead of trying to make some hugely artistic statement. There's a bit of humor in this version of ‘Eight More Miles to Louisville.' If anyone chuckles at this, then I’ve succeeded I guess."

For more info about his music, performance dates, and online lessons, contact Emory through his website: http://www.emorylester.com/

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #65 w/ Special Guest Emory Lester" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #65 w/ Special Guest Emory Lester" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #65 w/ Special Guest Emory Lester" to Google

Comments

Two minutes of ultimate mandolin hedonism. Mercy. Thank you Emory.
    Love this guy. Such a nice man and what can we say about his creativity???? Awesome!
    Nicely done, old friend Emory! Glad to see you here.
    I chuckled big time. Well done!
    What a (lovable) monster! Cracked me up at the end, too. Thanks, Emory!
    I chuckled. Then I guffawed.
    Ha! What fun, love it!
    Much fun, man. Thanks!
    Smokin'!
    Making the impossible look effortless
    Awesome! In the spirit of humor, I noticed that Emery's right hand position looks like he's "giving us the finger" sometimes. ;-)
    Fantastic playing. Great ending and some really amazing picking.