The Ranch is located in the rolling hills of West Marin County between Petaluma and Tomales Bay, about an hour drive north of San Francisco.
The camp also plays host to instruction with world class musicians in guitar, banjo, fiddle, dobro, bass and vocals.
Walker Creek Music Camp is for students of all ages who love to play or sing Bluegrass, Old-Time & Country Music with occasional forays into other related styles!
Small core classes average 8-12 students in each of the morning classes, and a wide array of afternoon elective classes are available that include instrumental, vocal, theory, dancing, jamming know-how, songwriting, repertoire and more.
It should go without saying, but for those interested, count on lots of jamming until the wee hours!
Additional special activities include daily yoga classes, on site masseuse, ping pong, a beautiful, peaceful site surrounded by hiking/biking trails, wildlife, and a pond for swimming and canoeing.
Core Mandolin Classes
- Mandolin, Tunes and Techniques, more advanced techniques using original tunes, upper intermediate level class, taught by John Reischman
- Intermediate bluegrass mandolin, focus on improvisation and back-up rhythm, taught by Sharon Gilchrist
- Swing mandolin, taught by Dix Bruce
- Bluegrass jam class, mandolins welcome! beginner/intermediate level, taught by Jack Tuttle
- Oldtime string band, mandolins welcome! beginner/intermediate level, taught by David Bragger
About The Camp
Walker Creek Music Camp is in a quiet and beautiful area with an abundance of wildlife and miles of hiking trails. They serve healthy and delicious food, and offer camping as well as various choices of lodging accommodations.
Registration for the Camp is now open. Call (415) 663-6030 for more information.
All mandolin classes are still currently open to registration.