View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me - Billy Joel (mandolin/guitar)

Hey guys! Here’s a simple arrangement of a favorite Billy Joel tune.

I need a nap.

I hope you enjoy though!

2. Title Theme - Animal Crossing [Acoustic] (#46)

Here is this week's cover!

It's a mandolin/guitar arrangement of the title theme from one of my favorite games as a kid. I always dug the minimalistic tendency of this soundtrack.

In other news! I just finished recording a jazz record with bassist Michael Gurrola. I'll be posting some material from it as soon as we put a video together.

3. Manah Manah - The Muppet Show (#39)

Hey guys!

Last week I posted a cover of You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch on the jazz forum and people seemed to dig it, so I thought I'd just start posting the tunes I do to the blog. I've been doing covers every Friday for a while now (This is #39. I incorrectly said last weeks was #35.), but I have felt hesitant to share here.

Hopefully you enjoy! This week's was a bit silly.

4. Guitar Upgrade (?)

I continue to play my Guild D25 which I bought at Boston Music Co. back in '71. It's been a wonderful guitar with low action and nice deep tone - I use medium strings, the suggested size is light which I've found to a bit too tinny for the kinds of music I play -

It's in need of a pretty good all-around tuning, in particular the tuning machines which I'm sure everyone can imagine are in worn condition - the gears are worn smooth on a few of the heads which make the guitar difficult ...