View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe Blog

Official blog of the Mandolin Cafe

1. Dear Southwest Airlines. About That Guitar...

Never, never, never throw a guitar case. Ever.

It wasn't mine. I wished I'd been filming it, because what I saw made me damn angry, and had I been filming it'd be on YouTube already.

The details:

Flight 614 out of Kansas City, MO to Nashville arriving 11:10 a.m. this past Monday. I'm seated behind the wing with a direct view of the baggage/luggage being unloaded. My friend Glenn Bradford and I have arrived in Nashville for a couple of days of vintage ...

Updated Feb-20-2014 at 10:15am by Scott Tichenor

Categories
    General Mandolin Comments
  2. Status of the Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap

A quick update on the status of the Mandolin Cafe ball caps we offer from time to time. We'd been telling people January, 2014 but missed the deadline and then some.

First, we decided to move on from our previous supplier for reasons that don't need to be discussed. That meant a new stitching template from scratch and locating a new source of raw product (hats). We were looking for better quality, more appropriate size (there were issues with the last 2013 batch running small), and ...
  3. Mandolin News that didn't make the Cafe home page

Some news or information just doesn't hit the Cafe home page and of late there's been a fair amount worth sharing. With a hot cup of java in hand and the current temperature 8 degrees, here's our shot on a Friday that might interest you:

If you're on Twitter you may have noticed someone promoting the hell out of Avi Avital's Between Worlds. How many of these promoted tweets have we seen? More than we can count. Assume Deutsche Grammophon is funding this (we'll watch more closely ...

Updated Feb-07-2014 at 2:38pm by Scott Tichenor

Categories
    General Mandolin Comments